Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Ryan Costello - H.R. 38

Well it looks as though this question has been put to bed. Ryan Costello has voted no on HR 38 National Reciprocity, yesterday 12/06/17. Time for him to go in 2018. Definitely need to send him to the showers... Is anyone challenging him in the 2018 primary?

(Chester County)

Whether anyone does or doesn't run against him in the primary, Costello won't be getting my vote. Nor my wife's or my son's. That's three votes less next time! I'm good with a Democrat voting no on gun bills just like Costello voted no. F him! I'm also officially dropping my Republican status and registering Libertarian. That's it for me with the Trump hating Republican party!

(Chester County)

Received a large postcard from Costello today explaining to people why he supports HR4183, Domestic Violence Records Reporting Improvement Act. Essentially he says that abused women are 5 times more likely to be killed if an abuser has a firearm and therefore he will support adding domestic violence records to NICS. He goes on to remind us that this legislation has the support of Gabby Giffords, Everytown For Gun Safety, Moms demand Action For Gun Violence in America, etc etc. For what it s worth, he appears to now be fully on board with many anti-gun groups, at least on this issue.
    Seems to me if a husband is sufficiently abusive or violent to his spouse, he ought to go to jail, whether he has firearms or not. Why does he get to remain on the loose thereby giving authorities the perceived need to restrict firearm purchases? Do they think he won't be violent with his fists, a baseball bat, etc?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Received a large postcard from Costello today explaining to people why he supports HR4183, Domestic Violence Records Reporting Improvement Act. Essentially he says that abused women are 5 times more likely to be killed if an abuser has a firearm and therefore he will support adding domestic violence records to NICS.
    Seems to me if a husband is sufficiently abusive or violent to his spouse, he ought to go to jail, whether he has firearms or not. Why does he get to remain on the loose thereby giving authorities the perceived need to restrict firearm purchases? Do they think he won't be violent with his fists, a baseball bat, etc?

If this news report makes you angry, and it should, then follow this link and help us pass a clean Concealed Carry Reciprocity:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=329430

'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10...un-permit.html

By Perry Chiaramonte
    June 10, 2015
    Fox News

NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit - PHOTO.JPG

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

“Carol would have qualified for a permit since she was attacked; only now it’s too late.”

- Evan Nappen, New Jersey-based attorney and gun rights advocate

“She should have been granted that permit in a timely matter, especially given her status as a domestic violence victim,” said Evan Nappen, a New Jersey-based attorney who specializes in Second Amendment cases.

New Jersey's gun laws are among the nation's strictest, but law-abiding citizens are eligible to purchase and possess handguns after filling out forms available at their local police stations, submitting to a background check on any possible criminal history or mental health issues, giving fingerprints and paying a fee. Once those steps are taken, local police conduct a 14-point investigation and the chief is supposed to approve or deny for cause within 30 days.

Check did not return requests for comment, but gun rights advocates say it is not unusual for Garden State police chiefs to take several months to approve handgun permits for qualified applicants.

“The gun law’s intention is to be as difficult and cumbersome as possible,” Alexander Roubian, president of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, told FoxNews.com. “They need to be repealed.

“The system is so outdated," Roubian continued. "In most states, you go to the store, get a background check, and purchase a weapon. A police chief should have no part of the process. This woman had a legitimate issue and no one helped her.”

A manhunt for Eitel, who had done time on a kidnapping conviction and had repeatedly threatened Bowne, began shortly after the murder and ended Saturday, when he was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot in another ex-girlfriend's garage.

Bowne's case prompted state senators Dawn Addiego, Diane Allen and Jennifer Beck to announce plans to introduce a bill that will fast-track the handgun permit process for applicants who have obtained a restraining order.

“The tragic murder of Carol Bowne shows that there are sensible changes we should make to public safety laws to help people protect themselves,” said Addiego, a Republican whose district is in southern New Jersey. “This legislation will make sure that those who need protection the most are given priority when it comes to the lengthy process of applying for a firearms permit.”

However, Nappen said even if Bowne had obtained her permit and used a gun to protect herself, she could theoretically be facing charges today because she would not have been allowed to legally carry the gun outside with her.

“New Jersey does not allow law-abiding citizens to get a carry license,” Nappen said.

###################

If this news report makes you angry, and it should, then follow this link and help us pass a clean Concealed Carry Reciprocity:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=329430
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

I wrote and criticized Costello that voting no on HR38 you condemned no only every PA citizen but the handicap, women and seniors the only tool that can effectively protected them selves if they travel to another state. PA citizens have NO RIGHT TO DEFEND THEM SELVES AND THEIR FAMILY. This in contrary to the oath you took you swore to be subject to our Constitution. The data I sent you PROVED that CC'ers are more law-abiding then the cops and didn't give a rat's ass. I and other vets will remember this when your up for re-election.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    I wrote and criticized Costello that voting no on HR38 you condemned no only every PA citizen but the handicap, women and seniors the only tool that can effectively protected them selves if they travel to another state. PA citizens have NO RIGHT TO DEFEND THEM SELVES AND THEIR FAMILY. This in contrary to the oath you took you swore to be subject to our Constitution. The data I sent you PROVED that CC'ers are more law-abiding then the cops and didn't give a rat's ass. I and other vets will remember this when your up for re-election.
    Ryan Costello is doing all firearms owners a favor and he doesn’t realize it. HR38 should die. It has the fix nics bill attached to it which would essentially erode firearms ownership rights by entering more erroneous information into a system that can barely justify its existence as is. And it provides financial incentives to states to comply where SCOTUS has already ruled it unconstitutional to force states to enter information. For that reason alone it should die. But there is another. The concealed carry reciprocity act would erode our 2A Rights by giving states like NJ, NY and CA a reason to enact more restrictive firearms laws. If you are for HR38...you apparently don’t care about states rights and you’d be perfectly willing to sacrifice entire states at the cross of the scenond amendment. Liberal states are going to challenge this and depending on what circuit court it goes to they can win on state sovereignty alone. This is one of the worst antigun laws that has ever passed either house or senate. Frankly if I were a liberal democrat, I’d vote for it in a heartbeat.

(Bucks County)

If 30 days is the waiting period for approval of a paperwork needed to acquire firearm as prescribed by law, or as indicated in any government-issued publications, or by past practices for other applicants, the murdering thugs responsible for keeping the now-dead woman defenseless NEED TO BE SUED on a wrongful death basis, and prosecuted if it rises to a crime.

Millions of citizens allow the people they elected to serve them to render them defenseless on any basis is addressable. There should be mobs with torches at the capitol building and at precincts.

This story makes me really angry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12