Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Remington 700 ADL deluxe

Just picked up a nice older rem 700ADL deluxe in 270 win and thinking about options now. I'm a target shooter primarily who takes a walk in the woods once in a while in deer season.
    I'm probably gonna scope it with a zeiss conquest with Z600 reticle that I have sitting around...
    I was thinking about what to shoot from it, what are you 22" remmy 270 shooters having best groups with? I think its a 1:10 twist...
    The gun didn't come with the sights but has nice neat filler screws. What I was considering instead of the scope was possibly a diopter mounted on the receiver in the scope mount holes...any suggestions for source?
    I'm gonna shoot it and think about the trigger - anyone using the newer square faced timney double stage? looks really nice...

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Remington 700 ADL deluxe

The 'standard' 270 load is 60 grains of H4831 and a 130 grain bullet. Has been for years. That's what I load in my Ruger but I used a lot IMR4350 over the years and have dabbled with reloder 17. Most any powder in the 4350 range or slower will work just fine.

I've also used a ton of 110 gr Sierras to shoot groundhogs over the years. Mostly as a 'walk around groundhog hunt' to get some rifle time instead of just for deer season.

Can't help you on the other questions, I stuck Leupold 6x on mine in about 1982 and have never felt the need to change.

Dale