Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Any chance DCFS will modernize?

I grew up shooting there with my Dad and have many fond memories of the place. But for the kind of shooting I enjoy like pistol with a full magazines, ARs, AKs, and MP5s, it is not workable so I let my membership lapse.

I heard they came into some money recently, any chance of building on indoor modern range like the others in the area? I would join up again in a heartbeat if they built a nice indoor range that could compete with the others in the area.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Any chance DCFS will modernize?

I hope your wish comes true! Have you been to Lower Providence Rod and Gun in Oaks?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

I have not. The drive from Delco can be iffy as you know. Either takes around 30 minutes or hours depending on the Blue Route congestion.

Currently I am a member at SCCS&FA and Targetmaster.

My Dad is still a member at DCFS. He still shoots skeet there but even he, who lives right around the corner and is 70, will drive all the way to Targetmaster to shoot pistol rather than shoot pistol at DCFS.

(Delaware County)

I am a member at DCFS, and I hate using the pistol range. I too go to Targetmaster to shoot pistol. But I do love rifle and trap there.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Zero chance. DCF&S is a bullseye club. Has been, will be.

(Delaware County)

No never. I'll do a trap shoot now and than but that's about it. I'll get shit for this but perfect example of a antigun gun club.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Montgomery County)

Any chance that you and your like minded friends will run for and hold office in the club ?
    The answer to this question is also the answer to the thread title question because elections are the only way to change things.

Lower Providence was a semi_fudd club a while back but people with new ideas joined committees, ran for office and changed the rules for the better.

(Delaware County)

2 indoor pistol ranges and YES, when you go there is important. But 9:00 at night, you can shoot alone until midnight? Priceless.
    Weekend travel is better up 476 to 76 to 422. Takes me 25 minutes from Glenolden. Use to be in Broomall.
    Use the AP Waze if heading up there anytime around evening rush hour.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

I assume DCFS is (Delaware County Field & Stream gun club). I doubt they will ever moderize (will NJ ever allow CCW!?). I hear the guns all day long and could walk there and know a few folks that are members. Like the original poster; my dad and I went there when I was teenager (and that was a long time ago) and I hear the rules are still the same. In all fairness to DCFS, they are in the middle of residential homes and partly in Brookhaven and Middletown so they only need ONE mishap and they will be out of business. Its unfortunate - but I don't believe it will ever change. If you need to sight in a hunting rifle or do some skeet\trap shooter thats a good place to go. For those shooters like me who like to shoot fast or empty a 30 round mag from your AR - best to head to Targetmaster for that.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    I assume DCFS is (Delaware County Field & Stream gun club). I doubt they will ever moderize (will NJ ever allow CCW!?). I hear the guns all day long and could walk there and know a few folks that are members. Like the original poster; my dad and I went there when I was teenager (and that was a long time ago) and I hear the rules are still the same. In all fairness to DCFS, they are in the middle of residential homes and partly in Brookhaven and Middletown so they only need ONE mishap and they will be out of business. Its unfortunate - but I don't believe it will ever change. If you need to sight in a hunting rifle or do some skeet\trap shooter thats a good place to go. For those shooters like me who like to shoot fast or empty a 30 round mag from your AR - best to head to Targetmaster for that.
    The club's property is totally within Middletown Township, the only thing they have to do with Brookhaven is the mailing address. (Postal addresses and municipal boundaries have nothing to do with one another, other than similar names)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I grew up shooting there with my Dad and have many fond memories of the place. But for the kind of shooting I enjoy like pistol with a full magazines, ARs, AKs, and MP5s, it is not workable so I let my membership lapse.

I heard they came into some money recently, any chance of building on indoor modern range like the others in the area? I would join up again in a heartbeat if they built a nice indoor range that could compete with the others in the area.
    Yes, they did, and from what I understand with fairly specific uses for it. As much as I'd like to see an indoor pistol range it more than likely won't happen due to no where to put one that isn't already used for something else, and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Any chance that you and your like minded friends will run for and hold office in the club ?
    The answer to this question is also the answer to the thread title question because elections are the only way to change things.

Lower Providence was a semi_fudd club a while back but people with new ideas joined committees, ran for office and changed the rules for the better.
    Politics is alive and well at DCFS and it for sure could use some new faces and ideas, many have tried but get frustrated and end up going elsewhere. It's really sad when an election is held and less than 200 people of a 5000+ membership take the time to vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast