Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Choked from the front

These are from a h2h/knife course I put on in Fla in 2010.

Not offered as THE way, just another way.

The sequence represents just under 2 seconds to take down. Under control in less than 1.

Anyone got some h2h training here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brownie; June 20th, 2017 at 10:50 AM.
    The mind is the limiting factor https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Choked from the front

I have practiced stuff similar to this in 3 or 4 variations. Keep in mind that both of the assailant's hands are occupied so there are a number of interesting things that you can do to disable and deter him.

(Delaware County)

Well I had a great dea of hand to hand combat training during my 30 yeats in the Corps. I got to use some of it on my 4 tours in Nam. I even know how to do that strangle release you showed. A slight variation of it is once you have the choke hold undone to hold the assailant's arms with your right hand while smashing you left elbow into his face. Then you resume the hold and take him to the ground. Has to be done quickly so he has no real time to pull away when you only have only one hand on his arms. The entire move takes 3 seconds if done correctly.

An effective way to escape that choke hold is to bring your hands up between the attacker's arms and suddenly push both of his arms up and out to loosen his grip. Helps to step backwards too to lower yourself out of it.

It should look like this at the apex of your move:

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Here's a tactic to remove unwanted ladies from you.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Here's my slap test dummy [ big boy ] in the same position [ without mount ] and the results. Pretty simple stuff, just wondering how many had any h2h training here.

Great replies so far, keep em coming
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    An effective way to escape that choke hold is to bring your hands up between the attacker's arms and suddenly push both of his arms up and out to loosen his grip. Helps to step backwards too to lower yourself out of it.

It should look like this at the apex of your move:

The problem that can arise from that method is that at the end of the movement your arms are outstretched upward. Your assailant will have his hand and arms free, and you cannot defend against a couple fasy punches to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    The problem that can arise from that method is that at the end of the movement your arms are outstretched upward. Your assailant will have his hand and arms free, and you cannot defend against a couple fasy punches to the face.
    It's a low percentage move to begin with. But it's another way that may be viable in certain circumstances. I try to keep from working students into low percentage skills, there are quite a few options available.

(Chester County)

That type of strangle hold is done to women or weaker man. Normally it's done on the ground.

I notice that nearly every demo show's a bigger man defending than the attacker. A taller man will grab your shirt, holding you at his arms length and machine gun punches to your face. Steven Segal uses the laws of physics, "force Judo" or tactics because he's more powerful than the attacker.

I had 20 years of Karate, 1970-1990. In the few fights I was in, the laws of physics were against me. I had to kick their ankles or inner thighs or Osoto Gari, ( my favorite move), to destroy their balance and take them to the ground where I can use elbows and knees. If he had hair, pin his head to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    That type of strangle hold is done to women or weaker man. Normally it's done on the ground.

I notice that nearly every demo show's a bigger man defending than the attacker. A taller man will grab your shirt, holding you at his arms length and machine gun punches to your face. Steven Segal uses the laws of physics, "force Judo" or tactics because he's more powerful than the attacker.

I had 20 years of Karate, 1970-1990. In the few fights I was in, the laws of physics were against me. I had to kick their ankles or inner thighs or Osoto Gari, ( my favorite move), to destroy their balance and take them to the ground where I can use elbows and knees. If he had hair, pin his head to the ground.
    In the pics I put up of the guy choking me on the ground, he's got me by 3" and 50#'s and is 20 years younger. Easily thrown off. Leverage negates strength/.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast