06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
To anyone looking to take any classes conducted by BHTC you will be instructed by the very best
I just took the DMR / Reece class and it was a blast
As a beginner to the longer ranges I learned a great deal about my equipment and how to use it properly as well as learning a lot about myself
Myself and my friend and business partner Greg stayed at the Super 8 which was adequate all there other personnel stayed at the Club house which also seamed to be on par
We however missed out on the comradery
AAR:
Friday16 June 2017 0800: The day started out with a gourmet breakfast in the club house an extremely informative discussion on the fundamentals followed by another gourmet meal
then out to the range where we did a quick 100y zero then proceeded to engaged targets out to 1035y also learning several unconventional shooting positions such as using post as support while standing as well as seated positions but most of the day was in the prone
As the day progressed we developed range and dope cards to used terrain features to acquire range markers though out our field of fire
We used our dope utilizing scope turrets as well as holding over
Most of the ranges we encountered were not standard and varied i.e. 4 40 511 etc.... I shot most of the day with an Armalite Sass suppressed with Leupold MK4 4x14
Somewhere in the later afternoon I switch to a MK12 suppressed with a 4x16 Vortex PST VIPER (P.O.S.) which shock me hitting the 1035 with a 22 cal. bullet (wood was achieved)
We broke for dinner then proceeded for night ops where we engaged Targets that were illuminated with a green laser at various ranges
After all the firearms were secure we retired to the club house to smoke a few cigars and indulged in some fine spirits
Saturday 17 June 2017 0800: We started out again with a great meal and back out to the range to practice some more unconventional shooting positions practice what we lerned and prepare for the qualification
The day ended with certificate presentation and some well deserved congratulations for all
My self and Greg needed to head back to home base to complete some customer work so we said out goodbyes and set course for home
Equipment failures where minimal The vortex scope erector froze and became inoperable and I had a wardrobe malfunction that actually helped to keep the family jewels cool in the hot humid weather
End AAR:
I have to say that being a newbie the smaller class really help but I'm sure no matter what the size my experience would have been the same "Outstanding"
Thank you to everyone for making this an outstanding weekend
Fred and the rest of the Cadre where extremely professional and easy to learn from (Thank you Mike and Ben for the extra guidance)
This is a top notch outfit and I look forward to may more classes with them
Thank you again
Wayne