Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do you carry your 1911???

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I say boy, hey boy! Stop flappin' you jaw and listen son. Can't you see that you're dealin' with a real live Operator here?

If that's what you see, getting to an eye doctor is the best suggestion I can make. "operator" is a fairly recent term, relatively speaking. It was not a descriptor in the 80's.
    Last edited by Brownie; June 22nd, 2017 at 09:09 AM.
    The mind is the limiting factor https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

(Bucks County)

Oh, hey, hi you're back.
    I thought you were said you were leaving.

You think that eod fella might be a former student of yours?
    Where ever would he have picked up a feckless notion like carrying a modern 1911 without the thumb lock engaged?
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I'm not making any assumption, nor have spoken to anyone's background, nor compared backgrounds here, nor challenged anyone's response about how they carry a 1911. It was a simple question, my original reply should have been as simple. But certain members apparently decided to challenge the mentality behind how I carry a 1911 as being irresponsible. I've provided plenty of supporting documentation, that in times past, men like Cooper circumvented safeties on their 1911's. It's not as far fetched as some may have believed.

You're right, it's arrogant for members here to assume I don't speak from experience. Something I've not demonstrated here but forced to defend their assumptions, simply for lack of post count or lack of the posters background. I find it quite arrogant to challenge another, lacking any substance to challenge. I always prefer to ask for clarification, without the ridicule seen exhibited here upon myself.

As for eod1, from his posts, quite likely a former student. I do not know him by that handle name however. It's quite possible I wouldn't recognize his birth name if given either depending on how long it had been.
    But you apparently have no problem ridiculing others. Your "proof" doesn't really mean much, in my opinion. Anyone can jump on the internet and post the things that you have, as many forums have experienced countless times. The picture above looks like you were a limo driver for proms in the 1970's, if that is indeed you. As far as supporting documentation, you've posted anecdotes, which I guess is a type of evidence. Honestly, I've heard of Jeff Cooper, but I don't know why some would view him as some sort of god when it comes to self defense, he has his opinions on how things should be done. Doesn't mean his opinions should hold any more weight than anyone else that has a contrary opinion. That's the crux of it issue though, ain't it? Your opinion that carrying the way you do is just fine, other's feel that it isn't.

Most people here on this forum, and most other firearm related forums aren't "in the arena" and probably don't feel the need or want to carry in Condition Naught. Doesn't make them any less of a person, but you start throwing around phrases like "uneducated opinion", which is basically an insult, and then you claim that people are insulting you? Maybe you should take a step back and see where you and your buddy lead this discussion.

As far as Eod1, it's interesting that he started posting here and he's from AZ, all his IP's are from AZ, then shortly thereafter you jump in, granted you've signed up before him, but suddenly you jump in and your first returning post is "I forgot I had signed up here" or something along those lines. All your IP's are from AZ too. The coincidences of these events is astounding.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But you apparently have no problem ridiculing others. Your "proof" doesn't really mean much, in my opinion. Anyone can jump on the internet and post the things that you have, as many forums have experienced countless times. The picture above looks like you were a limo driver for proms in the 1970's, if that is indeed you. As far as supporting documentation, you've posted anecdotes, which I guess is a type of evidence. Honestly, I've heard of Jeff Cooper, but I don't know why some would view him as some sort of god when it comes to self defense, he has his opinions on how things should be done. Doesn't mean his opinions should hold any more weight than anyone else that has a contrary opinion. That's the crux of it issue though, ain't it? Your opinion that carrying the way you do is just fine, other's feel that it isn't.

He's deceased, it's "had".

Most people here on this forum, and most other firearm related forums aren't "in the arena" and probably don't feel the need or want to carry in Condition Naught. Doesn't make them any less of a person, but you start throwing around phrases like "uneducated opinion", which is basically an insult, and then you claim that people are insulting you? Maybe you should take a step back and see where you and your buddy lead this discussion.

It may be deemed insulting, but it's a fact nontheless

As far as Eod1, it's interesting that he started posting here and he's from AZ, all his IP's are from AZ, then shortly thereafter you jump in, granted you've signed up before him, but suddenly you jump in and your first returning post is "I forgot I had signed up here" or something along those lines. All your IP's are from AZ too. The coincidences of these events is astounding.
    Where he lives in the same state, wouldn't that be a given and not some revelation?

I joined back in the day to answer a post from Matt Temkin, who asked me to check out whatever the thread he was in then and respond. I did just that at his request and when I stopped getting notifications on that thread, didn't think about this forum again. I've got bookmarked 28 forums over the last 15 years, and rarely visit most of them, if at all for years at a time, like the m14 forum.

Those who don't know of Cooper don't know much about how weaver stance and front sight press skills came to the fore in the shooting community. What that suggests to me, I'll keep to myself. It wouldn't be in furtherance of knowledge on the subject

(Lancaster County)

The grip safety on a 1911 in my opinion is much like the safety on a Glock trigger. The thumb safety is flicked off nearly before the muzzle breaks from my holster. Idc if someone wants to carry condition zero, just keep it in the holster around me. Trigger breaks a lot easier on my 1911s than my Glocks if trigger discipline is violated.
    Eight 1911s and five Glocks. I carried 1911s for twenty plus years before the Glocks. Always condition 1

(Chester County)

I very rarely carry my 1911, however when I do, its cocked and locked. But I am with Mitch10mm, I can get that thumb safety off before I have it fully drawn.

(Berks County)

Someone's opinion is not automatically uneducated just because they haven't done something.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Someone's opinion is not automatically uneducated just because they haven't done something.
    Exactly. I've never been in a gunfight and I don't want to be. If I were tomorrow would I suddenly be qualified to tell everyone here they don't know shit?

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Oh, hey, hi you're back.
    I thought you were said you were leaving.

You think that eod fella might be a former student of yours?
    Where ever would he have picked up a feckless notion like carrying a modern 1911 without the thumb lock engaged?
    Perhaps the several forums where it's been discussed in the distant and recent past? Or through researching historical record. That's more a question for him isn't it?

I didn't say I was leaving, I said I was out of this thread. But your sarcasm and pointedly snide remarks deserved some edification and some historical record for clarification purposes.

Interesting that some members who carry a 1911 don't have the first clue who Cooper was, or the historical record of how the weaver stance and front sight press they use came to be solely through his marketing efforts and his training facility Gunsite.. Or who started IPSC, a game many here likely have participated in in the past or are participating in currently.

https://www.gunsite.com/about/

It's all good as I've increased the general wealth of knowledge of the forum with linking sites that write on the historical records of personalities who all supported the carrying a 1911 for self defense. That increase in knowledge is why forums exist, to exchange ideas and enlighten those less knowledgeable in any given subject. In that regard, I've been a contributor, where others haven't contributed much other than to attack the posts, contributing nothing to the forums wealth/knowledge, like yourself.
    Last edited by Brownie; June 22nd, 2017 at 12:26 PM.

(Berks County)

They may be able to fly a plane without knowing who designed the plane.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...58#post3576158
    Last edited by donotknowme; June 22nd, 2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast