Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can my family members use my register firearms inside my home?

I have 4 pistols 2 AR15 all registered under my name, if SHTF can my parents use it to protect themselves in my home? I leave a pistol and a rifle in my parent room. I have been training them on how to use it every 2 weeks.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Can my family members use my register firearms inside my home?

I short yes

They aren't registered

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie215 View Post
    I have 4 pistols 2 AR15 all registered under my name, if SHTF can my parents use it to protect themselves in my home?
    Huh...? If I'm in your crib and there's a home invasion, I'm grabbing the AR... I don't care whose it is.
    Last edited by JAKIII; June 17th, 2017 at 07:10 AM.

(Butler County)

Here another related question: If I have a BUG in my car and I go into a store while my wife stays behind , is she "breaking the law" by knowingly sitting in my car with a loaded, concealed firearm, or is she not liable simply because it's my firearm? What if it was her car? Is this the kind of thing which would be cleared up after a short detainment or would it be a non-issue? What are the critical factors here? Since it's my firearm is she or is she not liable for being alone in a car with my loaded, concealed gun?

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Here another related question: If I have a BUG in my car and I go into a store while my wife stays behind , is she "breaking the law" by knowingly sitting in my car with a loaded, concealed firearm, or is she not liable simply because it's my firearm? What if it was her car? Is this the kind of thing which would be cleared up after a short detainment or would it be a non-issue? What are the critical factors here? Since it's my firearm is she or is she not liable for being alone in a car with my loaded, concealed gun?
    Why not just have her get her LTCF and not worry about it. My Peruvian wife is a good shot, but neither of us can carry in this shithole state.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Butler County)

She's really not interested. She's fine with me having mine though, and she's really learning guns do save lives as well as end them. She's also fully convinced of a liberal conspiracy (finally). Two other family members have suggested to her own a gun and get her LTCF. She entertained my request when I asked her to hold both my unloaded KelTec P11 and Radom P83. I figured thry were smaller so maybe she wouldnt be intimidated. She wasnt, and even dry fired them... but she's just not attracted to guns... and trying to get her to do anything she's not attracted to is like ushering an ass...err, alpaca.... out of the barn and into the pasture.

She is one STUBBORN little 5'1" Peruvian.
    Maybe someday I'll get her to the range. Who knows. We've been together 9 years.

I'm still curious if she's legally responsible for that or not....
    Last edited by FJW; June 16th, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie215 View Post
    I have 4 pistols 2 AR15 all registered under my name, if SHTF can my parents use it to protect themselves in my home?
    You have no pistols and no AR-15s "registered" under your name. There is NO SUCH THING as a firearms registry in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is prohibited by law. You may have purchased them, and there may be a Record of Sales for such items, but that's as far as it goes.

Yes, they may use "your" guns. If they are direct-blood parents, not step-parents, you may permanently give them the guns, no paperwork involved.

This exemption is in the pa statutes.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

Only breaking the law if she is a felon !

(Berks County)

She's really not interested. She's fine with me having mine though, and she's really learning guns do save lives as well as end them. She's also fully convinced of a liberal conspiracy (finally). Two other family members have suggested to her own a gun and get her LTCF. She entertained my request when I asked her to hold both my unloaded KelTec P11 and Radom P83. I figured thry were smaller so maybe she wouldnt be intimidated. She wasnt, and even dry fired them... but she's just not attracted to guns... and trying to get her to do anything she's not attracted to is like ushering an ass...err, alpaca.... out of the barn and into the pasture.

She is one STUBBORN little 5'1" Peruvian.
    Maybe someday I'll get her to the range. Who knows. We've been together 9 years.

I'm still curious if she's legally responsible for that or not....
    Your looking at it wrong. Who cares if she is interested. The LTCF is cheap easy insurance to cover your butt while transporting. She never has to touch a gun, just get the license.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast