Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Can my family members use my register firearms inside my home?

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    You have no pistols and no AR-15s "registered" under your name. There is NO SUCH THING as a firearms registry in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is prohibited by law. You may have purchased them, and there may be a Record of Sales for such items, but that's as far as it goes.

Yes, they may use "your" guns. If they are direct-blood parents, not step-parents, you may permanently give them the guns, no paperwork involved.
    No registration that the state will admitt to. Not complete list, yada yada yada b.s. Prohibited creation by law, denied existence of by supreme court and yet, somehow searchable by the police.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    No registration that the state will admitt to. Not complete list, yada yada yada b.s. Prohibited creation by law, denied existence of by supreme court and yet, somehow searchable by the police.
    Tyranny includes when your own government, and court system outright LIES to you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    She's really not interested. She's fine with me having mine though, and she's really learning guns do save lives as well as end them. She's also fully convinced of a liberal conspiracy (finally). Two other family members have suggested to her own a gun and get her LTCF. She entertained my request when I asked her to hold both my unloaded KelTec P11 and Radom P83. I figured thry were smaller so maybe she wouldnt be intimidated. She wasnt, and even dry fired them... but she's just not attracted to guns... and trying to get her to do anything she's not attracted to is like ushering an ass...err, alpaca.... out of the barn and into the pasture.

She is one STUBBORN little 5'1" Peruvian.
    Maybe someday I'll get her to the range. Who knows. We've been together 9 years.

I'm still curious if she's legally responsible for that or not....
    I know I'm repeating what's been said, but it's a valid point. For the price of $4/year ($20/5 years) you have an insurance policy against any kind of inadvertent repercussions... That's cheap. Regardless how she feels about it, just get it anyway to make it, if you pardon the expression, bulletproof.

Edit: It also covers you if you enter a reciprocal state. PA is the only state I know of where the spouse is actually partially covered by the other spouse's LTCF... but that also assumes that law enforcement knows about that exception!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Here another related question: If I have a BUG in my car and I go into a store while my wife stays behind , is she "breaking the law" by knowingly sitting in my car with a loaded, concealed firearm, or is she not liable simply because it's my firearm? What if it was her car? Is this the kind of thing which would be cleared up after a short detainment or would it be a non-issue? What are the critical factors here? Since it's my firearm is she or is she not liable for being alone in a car with my loaded, concealed gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    This exemption is in the pa statutes.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.
    I would hesitate to assume that the exception provided while "operating a vehicle" would cover the wife as a passenger waiting alone in a vehicle - it might have some validity if she was the driver and you were the absent passenger. I'm unaware of any definition of the term in the relevant statutes or on-point case law. The phrase is used throughout the Motor Vehicle Code with varying definitions by the courts but these cases would be "off-point" with respect to 18 Pa CS 6106.

As such it would be prudent to avoid the situation or, as a lesser alternative, secure the firearm in some form of a locked container to which the wife has no access and thus no possession.
    IANAL

Thank you very much for a clear answer. I always thought it was register to my name😀 learn something new today.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie215 View Post
    Thank you very much for a clear answer. I always thought it was register to my name�� learn something new today.
    It is not "registered" to your name.........But if they have a serial number they can find your name. Clear?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    Why not just have her get her LTCF and not worry about it. My Peruvian wife is a good shot, but neither of us can carry in this shithole state.
    Exactly. $20 would avoid a possible money draining situation.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    This exemption is in the pa statutes.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

Perfect! Thank you.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    You have no pistols and no AR-15s "registered" under your name. There is NO SUCH THING as a firearms registry in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is prohibited by law. You may have purchased them, and there may be a Record of Sales for such items, but that's as far as it goes.

Yes, they may use "your" guns. If they are direct-blood parents, not step-parents, you may permanently give them the guns, no paperwork involved.
    Unless they are prohibited, right?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie215 View Post
    I have 4 pistols 2 AR15 all registered under my name, if SHTF can my parents use it to protect themselves in my home? I leave a pistol and a rifle in my parent room. I have been training them on how to use it every 2 weeks.
    Registered? Are you in NYC? DC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast