Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Toomey Response on HPA

June 16, 2017

Dear [NuclearSociety],
    Thank you for contacting me about the Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (S. 59). I appreciate hearing from you.
    As you know, the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA), imposes a tax on the manufacture and transfer of certain firearms and other devices, known as NFA weapons. Only those with a federal firearms license may possess NFA weapons. Firearms silencers are defined as any devices that silence or diminish the report of a portable firearm, and are included in the category of NFA weapons under federal law.
    As you know, Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID) introduced S. 59 on January 9, 2017. Among its provisions, this bill would remove firearm silencers from the list of devices classified as NFA weapons. I understand your views on this measure, and I value your input.
    S. 59 is currently pending before the Senate Committee on Finance, of which I am a member. Please be assured that I will keep your views on S. 59 in mind as this measure progresses through the legislative process.
    Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
    Sincerely,

Signature
    Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

-------

Now its my understand that he said "Only those with a federal firearms license may possess NFA weapons."

However that is in fact incorrect? is it not that anybody who pays the $200 tax and passes the BATFE and FBI background check may possess NFA or Class III items?

Also its my understanding that the proposed legislation would only serve to remove Suppressors (silencers) from the purview of the national firearms act, and would allow the sale of them via a 4473 Form like any regular firearm from an FFL holder.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Toomey Response on HPA

A lot of words to say nothing of his stance. Slimy little bastard....

(Bucks County)

Yeah that was the main issue with this, the second IMHO is when he states "Only those with a federal firearms license may possess NFA weapons."
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Allegheny County)

You were just told to "fuck off!"

LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

As usual Toomey speaks word, gets it wrong, and really says noting of importance. Sad.

I hate this guy so much and can't wait to vote him out

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    As usual Toomey speaks word, gets it wrong, and really says noting of importance. Sad.
    Sums it and him up nicely
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    Sums it and him up nicely
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

This is the standard reply from him. As you know, repeats what the bill is, I am or am not on the committee and will keep your views in mind. Every freaking bill or issue, this is what you get. Too bad we can't get a good primary challenger. I keep sending him letters but I really feel like I'm wasting my time. Well I keep telling myself it's better than writing to Joe Suckstek.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    This is the standard reply from him. As you know, repeats what the bill is, I am or am not on the committee and will keep your views in mind. Every freaking bill or issue, this is what you get. Too bad we can't get a good primary challenger. I keep sending him letters but I really feel like I'm wasting my time. Well I keep telling myself it's better than writing to Joe Suckstek.
    Toomey is a lost cause who ignores us. He will be there until he is defeated by a Democrat or the PA and national Republican committees decide he is a loser and pick someone else. They are the ones to pressure. They decide who gets the money. The only way to get to Toomey is by cutting off his money. The sniveling rat faced nit needs to be gone. He's sold us out to Bloomberg money, and is a worthless POS as as far as I'm concerned. The security people in his Philadelphia office building would not even let me into the elevator to his floor. How's that for a "public servant"? Fuck this guy with a pineapple wrapped in rusty barbed wire.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast