Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Open vs Concealed carry ..Where is the line between which is which?

Man if you can carry a holster in a pair of gym shorts without them falling to your ankles more power to ya!

(Monroe County)

(Delaware County)

A strict reading of the law would lead to a conclusion that "except in his fixed place of abode or fixed place of business" means inside of a stationary place of residence or business. the word "fixed" means something that does not move easily, like a building. I read above that there is case law on the question. That is where your most accurate answer lies. As another member wrote, it would seem best to get a LTCF.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Yes, 'abode' hasn't been clearly defined. Somewhere in here there's a story of a guy in Philly who was arrested on his front porch (OC in a city of first class, no LTCF, not 'abode', etc), and the courts were left to sort it out. Unfortunately, as we may expect coming out of Philly schools, the defendant's reading and writing skills were less than stellar, and the tread went downhill quickly. I don't recall the outcome....

just spend the $20 for an LTCF if you haven't already, and push your local rep for constitutional carry.

PA 6108 does allow for OC without a license on private domain. 6108 regulates public domain..

If that guy was OC'n on his porch in Philly, he was legal. ..Assuming his porch wasn't built on public domain.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    A strict reading of the law would lead to a conclusion that "except in his fixed place of abode or fixed place of business" means inside of a stationary place of residence or business. the word "fixed" means something that does not move easily, like a building. I read above that there is case law on the question. That is where your most accurate answer lies. As another member wrote, it would seem best to get a LTCF.
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/pa-superi...t/1331750.html

(Berks County)

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good info here.

to be Clear.. I have had my LTCF for almost 15yrs so I am covered there but I was of the belief that it had to be on my person. Typically it is in my wallet which is in my locked car that would be a few feet away but other times it is in my house.
    If I dont need to have it on my but able to produce upon request (within reasonable time) then that solves my dilema.

Just bought the g43 and still searching for a holster so I havent tried yet but I think I can get a g43 held up by shorts as long as I tie them
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12