Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Philadelphia Airport Travel with Firearms

LTCarrier,

Well, I have nothing to lose by doing that. So, I'll give it a try. I can just imagine the (non) response I get: "Well, if we don't put that red tag on the outside, then we won't know to direct it to the special handling office." Yea, sure. When (if) I hear back with something informative, I'll post it here. My thought is what I'll get is something like the canned responses politicians send out when we register a 2A infringement complaint. LOL. Anyway, here goes.

TB605

I just filled out and sent to TSA the complaint form. I can just predict their response as to Title 18, Sec. 922(e). It will go something like this: "Dear Traveler. Thank you so much for contacting TSA. Our goal is to ensure the satisfaction of all travelers by enhancing the quality of their traveling experience. So, we appreciate very much your having expressed your concern. Be advised, the red tag does not say "firearm" on it in any location. Therefore we are in full compliance with 922(e). Took a screen shot and sent it to AAL customer service. We shall see what we shall see.

TB605

How do say "Pass the buck" Here is TSA's response;

" Thank you for contacting the (TSA) Contact Center

After careful review, we have determined that your issue does not fall within our jurisdiction. We recommend you contact your airline, as consumer and service-related matters are handled directly between the passenger and
    and the airline.

TSA Contact Center"

From AAL? Crickets.

TB605

(Berks County)

Flew out of PHL to miami last weekend via jet blue. The check in MANAGER tried telling me I could bring my gun through the TSA checkpoint and in my carry on bag with a LTCF. I insisted on leaving it unloaded, in the steel locked bulldog box in my bag. They also failed to verify that my Kahr was unloaded.

It is our responsibility to know the laws gentleman. Do not rely on these assholes to keep you out of prison.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Good post, Sir. I echo your statement. Here's why: several years ago I was doing a death penalty evaluation of guy on death row in LA. Reciprocity was in effect then between LA and PA. I had a copy of the Federal Court Order that I had to show to account for the ticketing $. I showed it along with declaring my firearm for checked baggage. Agent was insistent that I could carry it aboard, loaded, and with my compliment of magazines; handed me the white paper form to fill out, it was labelled something like LE authorized transport blah blah. Don't remember. It took me some strenuous effort to advise her she was mistaken. But, I digress.

You cannot trust these drones to keep you of prison. Take NOTHING for granted.

TB605

Just don't fly Delta, they are cutting discounts to NRA members now.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123