Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: His and Hers - AR15 Fraternal Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    These two builds came to life this past Sunday!
    5.56x45 for her and 7.62x39 for me!

TWINS! Although not identical twins, as the only things they share in common are the GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII lowers and the sights.
    The purple 5.56x45 carbine is purposely a lightweight build, but the 7.62x39 is actually pretty light too thanks to the polymer lower and the non-HBAR barrel.

I've been squirreling away parts for these for a good while and it felt as though I would never get them completed but here they are at last!

Those are incredibly cool rifles! I showed your other thread to Mrs. PAcarrier last night and she really digs your wife's rifle. Definitely considering the lowers - those are way cool. And the muzzle brake is a no-brainer. I expect 2 or more of those in the near future. Nicely done!
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    Those are incredibly cool rifles! I showed your other thread to Mrs. PAcarrier last night and she really digs your wife's rifle. Definitely considering the lowers - those are way cool. And the muzzle brake is a no-brainer. I expect 2 or more of those in the near future. Nicely done!
    Thanks.
    I like her rifle too! I even like the color! The photos don't do it justice - it's much more PURPLE - like "grape" - not how it looks here. To me, it looks more blue-ish in these pics. Maybe it's hard to photograph because it's anodized - sort of a matte/shine finish.
    When this whole project started I asked if she wanted something "custom" like all the "pink" guns they market to the ladies. "Yes, but I don't want pink - I want PURPLE."

I found those funky "cutout" designs with swirly patterns and scrollwork (google "gun goddess handguard") and she liked a few of those and they offered Cerakote colors, so purple was an option, BUT once adding the color, the damned things came to $300!
    I was willing to spend a little more on select parts for her to get it as light and easy to shoot as I could, but that's just a bit much.
    This purple ALG handguard was $93 shipped. (which was only a $15 upcharge over the black version) The good part was that she actually liked the color when it arrived. WHEW!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

(Montgomery County)

Congrats on finishing up! I really am digging your wife's rifle. The purple looks great, and a lightweight 5.56 is very versatile.

Nice builds! I'm even happier to see that you didn't put them on gravel.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Nice builds! I'm even happier to see that you didn't put them on gravel.
    LOL! Mrs EM said "Without the gravel, nobody will believe you took those pictures."

Beautiful builds Emptymag. I love the way they look with the GWACS lowers. Especially the wife's with the PMAG 20 Gen 3. They look incredibly handy and utilitarian. I only hope my GWACS build can go together so well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    Beautiful builds Emptymag. I love the way they look with the GWACS lowers. Especially the wife's with the PMAG 20 Gen 3. They look incredibly handy and utilitarian. I only hope my GWACS build can go together so well.
    Thanks!
    Nothing fancy - just a few choice upgrades to get a little more out of them.
    The 20 rd mags made the most sense since the goal was to reduce weight. I mean, I could go with 10 rounders, but I think these will be fine.
    Each will eventually get red dots, and the 7.62x39 will get a paint job, but for the most part they are about as "done" as they are going to get.

I just posted in the lightweight thread that it turned out perfectly - light, low recoil, and the muzzle doesn't move.
    I'm really happy with how it shoots.

Still need to work a bug out of the 7.62 though - not detonating all the primers.

(Allegheny County)

For those who actually got to see the purple handguard before Photobucket blocked all photos from displaying on forums unless I pay them $400 a year, the ALG Defense COLOR handguards are being clearanced/discontinued.

Buy fast if you want purple, grey, or desert dirt.
    LINK

(Allegheny County)

Here's a few pics until I can get all the others re-hosted with another service. Photobucket can choke and die for what they did to everyone.

Took both carbines out on Independence day.
    It was nice having Mrs EM join me at the range. It was even nicer having a rifle that she could actually shoulder and shoot.

Last edited by Emptymag; January 27th, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12