Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod and Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by Weknowwhoyouaredodger View Post
    Certainly not a threat; but honesty is a virtue wouldn't you say ? You are either a very observant 105 year old as it says on your profile or perhaps you are the threatening liar ?? Good luck.....I'm out.
    You're right that you're out. I don't appreciate being called a liar. If you come back, you will be banned again.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

lord. doesn't give the club a good name when a member joins just to cause ruckus with someone who says they had a problem.
    i joined east bangor sportsman. they are currently throwing problem members out. i hope this continues, its a decent range and everyone i met has been nice.

never been to any of their group events, i always try to go to any range during times when i'll be alone. more peaceful that way.

only gripe i can speak of is not having any distance markers, gotta pace my target stand out. when i get around to it, i'll ask them about just painting some rocks and placing them at distance on the berm adjacent the range.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Sounds like a fun relaxing place to shoot.

(Monroe County)

My name is Kevin Schlier and I have been a member of BRCV since around 1990 and have run the defensive pistol competitions since 1999 and was a member of the BoG for over a decade. From what I have witnessed and been told from reliable sources, the OPs assertions are factual, however there are omissions which he likely is not privy to and bear consideration. My understanding is that the safety issue mentioned was addressed however it was done so privately. As Kramer mentioned, there are very few people who volunteer to do most of the work. When one of them does and does so exceptionally, it is not unheard of to show that person some professional courtesy which in this case was the tactful handling of her spouse's digressions. Every month, year round, for the past seventeen years, our IDPA Safety Officer staff have run in excess of thirty shooters through a half dozen or more simulated self defense scenarios with the utmost attention to safety and professionalism without incident. When I joined the club, there were no requirements other than having a sponsor and being a member of the NRA. Now the club requires every member to have at least one basic NRA firearms handling course and has assembled its own crew of certified instructors to make these classes and more available and affordable for its members. It should be noted that it was not the hero of the OP's narrative who took this initiative but rather the leadership prior to his joining the club who mostly left the board due to his abrasive personality which was briefly alluded to by the OP. It is my opinion that the OP's assertions come from a limited perspective and it is unfortunate that rather than do something productive to improve the situation, he instead has chosen to quit and resorted to trolling the club on social media such as this forum. But, I suppose that is the way of the world any more. OTOH, he got some of his facts right which is better than #fakenews CNN.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; July 10th, 2017 at 03:21 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Being familiar with many clubs . I see the same issues at some, thankfully not most. This comment( We have our opinion of you too and we will deal with you at a time of our choosing.) was certainly out of line.
    As for GM Kramer's comment of the 'neighbor', I know exactly what you referred to about the neighbor across the street. I was still there at the start of that confrontation. Did you know it was his family who gave the land to BRCV R&G? And the reason was that he wanted the land back. Several members (Norm S. & Art K. to begin with) had conversations with lawyers at the time. We even took decibel readings at various points, beginning at the gate, the middle of the road and the far side road to his property. We fired several shots each from various types & calibers of guns from the lower range and from the upper range as well. In the end 'our' noise came in far under normal traffic and even greater less than mowing. The readings we took back then were notarized and filed in brief with the attorney we had on hand. This venture was somewhat costly to the club because we really had no big savings account. Fortunately we did have a lawyer who was a member at the time.
    I recall when 'we' made it a requirement to be NRA member to join. LOL, even though I was already an NRA life member and still do what I can(even co-chaired FONRA Banquets) I spoke out against it. My logic was to never force someone to a belief, educate them. Today, as an asthmatic I still vote against banning smoking. I figure so long as it's legal, do it. And in the case of .50 cals, shoot 'em.
    That said, common sense should always rule out over the general rule of majority voting. If something definitely is unsafe or damages the range, then yes, ban it. Regardless of hurt feelings. Granted proof of this should be verified. I love full auto's, but if my full auto presents a above average cost to maintaining a backstop, then the good of the many comes before the fun of the few.
    In the end all clubs must adhere to transparency, safety and respect. As gun owners we should be above the petty emotions of the anti gunners. The last thing any 'gun' club needs is a membership loaded with snowflakes and thin skinned pretentious freedom lovers.

It's a shame this drama has come to light. I was seriously planning on joining. Now I'll have to re think that decision

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    It's a shame this drama has come to light. I was seriously planning on joining. Now I'll have to re think that decision
    Sigfan, before you decide not to, read nepakevin's remarks as well as what I'm about to add. Kevin hits on several good points and pretty much verified my earlier comment about several sides to every story. As in the past at BRCV,though I'm not saying it's true now since I haven't been part of them since '92, They as well as most clubs have been hit with 'slob' members. For those that hunt no explanation needed for others, it's someone who abuses the right to hunt. Takes more than they give. And bitch about anything & everything without providing their services to help. Many clubs admit people with open arms most times due to the applicant walking in with hat in hand and on their best behavior. Only to discover too late that they are the 'slob member'. That is why many clubs request a sponsor. But that only works IF the sponsor is of good standing and IF the sponsor indeed knows who they are sponsoring. A good rule of thumb for those sponsoring new applicants would be if they themselves would 'co-sign' a bank loan for them. If they wouldn't , then they don't really know them well enough to entrust them with the clubs property, safety, reputation or if they will be there when the club needs them.
    Often, many members who bitch about issues are merely ticked off because A- they might have been told or hinted at that they are not respecting the other member's because they leave trash behind, don't remove their destroyed/used targets. Now we have ego in motion and it festers. Often it will fester mostly to the member who first brought it to light. It eventually branches out to others as they become aware of it. Now we have a group of unhappy members. B- Their 'RIGHT' to shoot when and what they chose to becomes 'infringed' on by another/other members who may also have to shoot at the same approximate time. Again, the ego is challenged, only now to a possessive 'me, my ,mine'.
    If everyone who wishes to join any club is totally honest with themselves and those there before them of what they want & expect from the club as well as what and wanted of them, there would be no problems. If you be honest , be upfront ,be respectful and be who you tell them you are, you will have the world at your feet. The real trouble e comes from the 'slob member' not seeing themselves as such when they shave in the morning.

(Monroe County)

Thanks Halfpenny,
    Hopefully most of the issues of the past year will be resolved as some changes were effected in the club's leadership with the September meeting and elections. I have no doubt that opinions will vary as they always do but am optimistic that there will be less drama and we can get back to shooting guns and business as usual.

(Monroe County)

You over turn the electronic ear policy, let me know.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Weknowwhoyouaredodger View Post
    Wasn't hard to figure out who Dodger was. We have our opinion of you too and we will deal with you at a time of our choosing.
    You cowardly Easton pigs. We know who you are too. And what your women really WANT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12