Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Can I own a firearm w/ drug charge(s)? Please advise!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Those two ungraded misdemeanors are NOT prohibiting. If you are no longer a user, then the question on the 4473 about drug use should be marked as "No".

However, you can NEVER get a License To Carry Firearms due to those convictions. (you would need a pardon and an expungement to a get a carry license)
    Thank you for your help.

It truly amazes me that people who use alcohol and tobacco (two of the most dangerous drugs known to man) get a thumbs up and a clearance to carry while others who use cannabis (the safest drug there is) are barred from being able to carry.

Not knocking people who do alcohol or tobacco, that is their choice and they are free to do so, and I know they don't make the laws, but the hypocrisy is astounding; I feel like a second-class citizen.

For the first time in my long life, I no longer feel like a 'free' man.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer57 View Post
    I am sorry, I am new to all this. What do you mean by 4473 (Im assuming gun application form) and 11c is a question?
    When you buy a gun in PA, the dealer will give you this form to fill out: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/44...53009/download Read the questions and the instructions carefully.

There is another State form in addition to this for a handgun.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Bucks County)

after reading that form, I feel pretty confident. I'm sure I will be placed on a 'Delay' list while they investigate the convictions; but I will fight it tooth and nail.

Thank you all for your help.

(Delaware County)

In regard to your concern about the time it will take for you to save up for a lawyer I suggest you have a change of mind. Obviously none of us can afford to do things we cannot pay for. However, you have a question that is not so complicated for an experienced lawyer. Most lawyers will give you a brief free consultation to evaluate merits and decide if they can represent. It seems to me that an answer to your question would be part of such an evaluation.

I suggest you contact a lawyer knowledgeable in firearm laws and explain your situation in lauding your shortage of funds on hand. You may get an answer to your question at no charge while needing to pay for any representation.

Nothing ventured means nothing gained. You have no risk in doing what I suggest.

Thank you for your help.

It truly amazes me that people who use alcohol and tobacco (two of the most dangerous drugs known to man) get a thumbs up and a clearance to carry while others who use cannabis (the safest drug there is) are barred from being able to carry.

Not knocking people who do alcohol or tobacco, that is their choice and they are free to do so, and I know they don't make the laws, but the hypocrisy is astounding; I feel like a second-class citizen.

you are comparing tobacco use to smoking pot regarding the ability to own/carry a firearm?

(Chester County)

If you think pot is a safe drug then maybe you should reconsider owning a firearm.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Thank you for your help.

Its not about substance use. Its about convictions for breaking the law and the punishment of said laws.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    In regard to your concern about the time it will take for you to save up for a lawyer I suggest you have a change of mind. Obviously none of us can afford to do things we cannot pay for. However, you have a question that is not so complicated for an experienced lawyer. Most lawyers will give you a brief free consultation to evaluate merits and decide if they can represent. It seems to me that an answer to your question would be part of such an evaluation.

I suggest you contact a lawyer knowledgeable in firearm laws and explain your situation in lauding your shortage of funds on hand. You may get an answer to your question at no charge while needing to pay for any representation.

Nothing ventured means nothing gained. You have no risk in doing what I suggest.
    I would like to have a list of lawyers like that. I had one simple question that I just wanted confirmed that I read and understood something correctly and I would have had to pony up $100 to talk to anyone above the secretary. I decided to go it alone for now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If you think pot is a safe drug then maybe you should reconsider owning a firearm.
    Well, apparently the CPA's (Certified Public Accountants) and CPE providers (Continuing Professional Education) are already targeting clients smoking doobies. In their defense, it's like a CPA specializing in mom & pop retail gun stores.

Marijuana Accountants

Find accounting agencies and CPA’s who specialize in serving the cannabis industry. Keeping accurate books will not only prevent fines and penalties, it will also help you see your business in a new way that will enable you to pinpoint opportunities for growth. These firms can help you with all your accounting needs.

If you need an accountant who specializes in your industry, here's a link:

https://www.ganjapreneur.com/marijua...ounting-firms/

But I agree with you Jen - there are no safe drugs - and working with machinery, flying a plane, driving a vehicle, being the engineer on a train (I probably really screwed up on the train semantics, kindly forgive me) - basically doing anything that affects your self-control is a really bad idea. Unless you're still living in your mom's basement or in a cave at the edge of town.

While smoking a doobie for the first time should probably be somewhere on my bucket list (because nearly EVERYONE has done it - most judges too on the bench), I am an ardent advocate of getting high on life.

FWIW, doing a winter assault on the Grand Tetons was also on my bucket list, but I crossed that off at age 19...

That's getting high on life....
    Last edited by bamboomaster; June 13th, 2017 at 02:34 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I would like to have a list of lawyers like that. I had one simple question that I just wanted confirmed that I read and understood something correctly and I would have had to pony up $100 to talk to anyone above the secretary. I decided to go it alone for now.
    This is the same problem I am running into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast