Hybrid View

Cool Keystone Shooting Center??

Anybody have any information on this? Looks pretty cool:

https://www.facebook.com/keystoneshootingcenter/

Will be cool if it is true!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Keystone Shooting Center??

Will be looking into it ....

Hopefully they will incorporate some "good" range rules/standards.
    My wife and I were in Columbus Ohio a couple of times in the last month and I visited 3 indoor ranges, all better facilities with better rules/standards than anything local around here.

Will have my fingers crossed!
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Some reading about it here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=247020

It's been in the works for years and despite some of the "never going to happen" proclamations in that thread, it was announced last year that the Township had approved the project and it was indeed real. Thing is, there have been other attempts at expensive indoor facilities (Bullseye off the Parkway West comes to mind). Whether or not this one will survive is the question. Not sure what it would take to get me to pay to shoot when I belong to a club so we'll have to see.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Some reading about it here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=247020

It's been in the works for years and despite some of the "never going to happen" proclamations in that thread, it was announced last year that the Township had approved the project and it was indeed real. Thing is, there have been other attempts at expensive indoor facilities (Bullseye off the Parkway West comes to mind). Whether or not this one will survive is the question. Not sure what it would take to get me to pay to shoot when I belong to a club so we'll have to see.
    Bearpack. You are confusing Keystone Shooting Center with Ellwand Shooting Academy. You are indeed correct when you say THEY have been in the works for years. However, we are an entirely different group and decided to build when all the "talkers" didn't move on a site. We completed all of our engineering and site plan work and received Planning Commission approval on 4/4 of this year and received approval by the Board of Supervisors on May 21st. We are moving dirt. We have been moving very quickly to open by November 15th, weather permitting (pray for no heavy June rains). We are currently in the gun business and own Keystone Armory in Edinboro, PA. I encourage you to verify any of this info by going onto the Marshall TWP website and by driving by 925 Sheraton Drive in Mars, PA. We have been moving VERY QUICKLY to bring a great facility to Pittsburgh.

In short order, the renderings you see are the REAL deal and this is what is being built. If you have any questions feel free to direct them to me and I'm happy to answer them. We are very happy to be opening Pittsburgh's first 5 star indoor shooting range.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post
    Bearpack. You are confusing Keystone Shooting Center with Ellwand Shooting Academy. You are indeed correct when you say THEY have been in the works for years. However, we are an entirely different group and decided to build when all the "talkers" didn't move on a site. We completed all of our engineering and site plan work and received Planning Commission approval on 4/4 of this year and received approval by the Board of Supervisors on May 21st. We are moving dirt. We have been moving very quickly to open by November 15th, weather permitting (pray for no heavy June rains). We are currently in the gun business and own Keystone Armory in Edinboro, PA. I encourage you to verify any of this info by going onto the Marshall TWP website and by driving by 925 Sheraton Drive in Mars, PA. We have been moving VERY QUICKLY to bring a great facility to Pittsburgh.

In short order, the renderings you see are the REAL deal and this is what is being built. If you have any questions feel free to direct them to me and I'm happy to answer them. We are very happy to be opening Pittsburgh's first 5 star indoor shooting range.
    Thanks for clearing that up sir. Looking forward to checking the place out and wish you the best of luck.

(Allegheny County)

I also can't wait to check this out. I am sure this is a huge undertaking.

Tyman44 I know it is very early in the process but, what prices have been toss around? Memberships?

Thank You

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post

I live in Harborcreek and have been a customer at KEYSTONE ARMORY. Kind of curious why you didn't build the range nearer to your shop. There really aren't too many indoor shooting venues available in NW PA. Affordable ones, especially.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I live in Harborcreek and have been a customer at KEYSTONE ARMORY. Kind of curious why you didn't build the range nearer to your shop. There really aren't too many indoor shooting venues available in NW PA. Affordable ones, especially.

We may do that in the future. However the favorable demographics of the northern part of Pittsburgh swayed the decision to build there first. As you know putting in an indoor range is very expensive and the market area has to be right in order for us to do so. I'm not sure the demographics of the Erie area support what we are building in Pittsburgh. We will probably build 3 ranges in Pittsburgh before moving on to additional areas. At some point, we may decide to build there as well. Hope this answers your question. Thanks for your support of The Keystone Armory
    Last edited by tyman44; October 8th, 2017 at 07:43 AM.

Oh - didn't realize it was "coming soon" since 2014. Will continue to hope!

(Allegheny County)

See my reply to Bearpack. We have been moving very fast and decided to build when all the "talkers" didn't come through. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast