Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Keystone Shooting Center??

It's only a half hour away so I'll def be checking it out.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone that’s been there have any feedback on their pricing? Wanted to check the place out tomorrow, and plan on buying a gun, so I called this evening to see if they have one in stock. Told me it was in stock but couldn’t tell me pricing. Usually not a good sign, so I’m hesitant to make the 45 minute drive to check them out. I’m willing to pay a premium over internet pricing to buy local, but if they’re priced 30% over buds/aim/PSA/etc then I’ll just save myself the drive and buy from somewhere I know.

(Allegheny County)

I am a member at Keystone, have been using it over last two months, I like the range. I have not bought a gun there but have checked out their prices, some are decent, some are not - like most LGS in the area. It just depends on what you are looking for - I've been pricing Kimber K6S revolvers with night sights at several gun stores lately and Keystone did not quote me a good price on that one.

I've never have had a problem driving to gun stores to look around, by my last count I've visited 40+ gun stores in the "greater" Pittsburgh area during my time here, but I do think that not quoting a price over the phone kind of sucks... just my opinion of course.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Anyone that’s been there have any feedback on their pricing? Wanted to check the place out tomorrow, and plan on buying a gun, so I called this evening to see if they have one in stock. Told me it was in stock but couldn’t tell me pricing. Usually not a good sign, so I’m hesitant to make the 45 minute drive to check them out. I’m willing to pay a premium over internet pricing to buy local, but if they’re priced 30% over buds/aim/PSA/etc then I’ll just save myself the drive and buy from somewhere I know.
    Stopped in yesterday. M&P Sporter 2 was 230 more than internet.

Very nice place. Probably nicest shop I'd ever been in.

I'll go back to shoot, but certainly not buy a gun there.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

What gun are you looking for. Guns are usually priced at MAP (minimum advertised pricing) and are competitive. I'll get you a price.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post
    What gun are you looking for. Guns are usually priced at MAP (minimum advertised pricing) and are competitive. I'll get you a price.
    Was looking for a Gen 5 Glock 19. With or without either of the night sight options. Not looking anymore, as I called another shop, they had one with night sights in stock for not too much more than internet pricing, so I made about an hour drive and picked it up along with a holster. Curious what your price on it is anyhow. If you'd like to let me know, post it here or pm me. In the future, is there a preferred way to get a price or see if there is a gun in stock? email address, or message you here?

I try to be an easy customer. I know what I want, and as I said earlier, I prefer to shop local, and am willing to be flexible on pricing for the convenience and to support local business, so rather than make a drive down to see if something is in stock, I'd prefer to just call/email/message, and if you have it for a reasonable price, I'll come and buy that day or the next.

thanks
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Was looking for a Gen 5 Glock 19. With or without either of the night sight options. Not looking anymore, as I called another shop, they had one with night sights in stock for not too much more than internet pricing, so I made about an hour drive and picked it up along with a holster. Curious what your price on it is anyhow. If you'd like to let me know, post it here or pm me. In the future, is there a preferred way to get a price or see if there is a gun in stock? email address, or message you here?

I try to be an easy customer. I know what I want, and as I said earlier, I prefer to shop local, and am willing to be flexible on pricing for the convenience and to support local business, so rather than make a drive down to see if something is in stock, I'd prefer to just call/email/message, and if you have it for a reasonable price, I'll come and buy that day or the next.

thanks

We are $579.99 for the basic Glock 19 Gen 5. We do try to provide pricing on the phone so I'm not sure why in a previous email that someone didn't receive pricing. We are a new store and we continue to refine our pricing as our policy is to be cheaper than the big box stores.

KSC Management

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post
    We are $579.99 for the basic Glock 19 Gen 5. We do try to provide pricing on the phone so I'm not sure why in a previous email that someone didn't receive pricing. We are a new store and we continue to refine our pricing as our policy is to be cheaper than the big box stores.

KSC Management
    Thanks. I believe that the guy on the phone was maybe Justin? Or mike? Not sure, as I had called a few shops to find one in stock. He confirmed that there was one in stock, and when I asked for pricing, he told me “the system doesn’t show me prices”. I called at exactly 8pm on Friday night.

FWIW, I would have came in and bought one at that price Saturday morning had he told me. That isn’t the cheapest price around, one of the local big box stores sells it for $559, but again, worth it to me to support a local company and take the drive to check you guys out. I hope this doesn’t come off as me trying to just be negative, my first post here was for research, and now is more to provide feedback for you. A firearms business, especially in the location that yours is in is something I want to see succeed.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Butler County)

Thanks. I believe that the guy on the phone was maybe Justin? Or mike? Not sure, as I had called a few shops to find one in stock. He confirmed that there was one in stock, and when I asked for pricing, he told me “the system doesn’t show me prices”. I called at exactly 8pm on Friday night.

FWIW, I would have came in and bought one at that price Saturday morning had he told me. That isn’t the cheapest price around, one of the local big box stores sells it for $559, but again, worth it to me to support a local company and take the drive to check you guys out. I hope this doesn’t come off as me trying to just be negative, my first post here was for research, and now is more to provide feedback for you. A firearms business, especially in the location that yours is in is something I want to see succeed.

what local box store has it for $559? Doing a quick search online the best price I can find is $557.50 with free shipping for a Gen 5.

(Allegheny County)

Rural King

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast