Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Keystone Shooting Center??

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Keeping my eye on Keystone Shooting Center. Myself and a handful of friends have hopes that the range rules meet our needs, if so we plan to purchase some memberships.

Like I posted earlier, it will just depend on how its run... been to many different ranges across the country and have found the Pittsburgh area really lacking in ranges for "defensive pistol shooters". Heck, I was just in Columbus Ohio on a couple of trips earlier this year - found 4 great indoor ranges surrounding Columbus.

Columbus Ohio - who would have thought....

Also keeping an eye on the INPAX range that is coming.
    Orive

You can see our range rules on our website. If you have any questions on them I'll be happy to answer them. Most are pretty standard and common sense. As shooters, first and foremost is the safety of all of our members and guests. There are always a lot of questions around using your own ammo which we permit and picking up your brass which we also permit. Also, we get a lot of questions on rapid fire and holster draw which we allow BUT only for people qualified to do so. The range is able to take up to 50 caliber BMG so you can shoot almost anything except armor penetrating, steel core and incendiary. Hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me at ty@keystoneshootingcenter.com

https://keystoneshootingcenter.com/range/range-rules

(Allegheny County)

Chessie,

Not sure if you have been on the website, but pricing will be released around the 1st of the month. Visit our website at www.keystoneshootingcenter.com or you can call us at 412-357-8000 and I'll be personally answer any of your questions. Thank you for your interest.

Ty Eggemeyer
    President
    Keystone Shooting Center

Looking forward to checking it when it's open. Looks to be about a 40 minute drive from here.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post
    Orive

You can see our range rules on our website. If you have any questions on them I'll be happy to answer them. Most are pretty standard and common sense. As shooters, first and foremost is the safety of all of our members and guests. There are always a lot of questions around using your own ammo which we permit and picking up your brass which we also permit. Also, we get a lot of questions on rapid fire and holster draw which we allow BUT only for people qualified to do so. The range is able to take up to 50 caliber BMG so you can shoot almost anything except armor penetrating, steel core and incendiary. Hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me at ty@keystoneshootingcenter.com

https://keystoneshootingcenter.com/range/range-rules
    OK, you can't throw out something like that without clarification, because the first thing that comes to mind is that only law enforcement is permitted to draw from a holster.

Can you expand upon that?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Tyman44

I read through the rules, looks o.k. to me. No problem with them. As to the question a poster asked above regarding "qualified" your rules state:
    Shooters who desire to shoot from the holster must be holster qualified through Keystone Shooting Center instructors.

No problem with that - I have shot at ranges that allow this, some have you go into the range with one of their Range Officers and they check you off (a skill check), others have you take a "drawing from the holster" class - usually 1/2 hour or 1 hour session where they go over the drawstroke etc..., others will allow holster work if you come in and show a Certificate of Training from recognized instructor/school etc...

There are many ways to accomplish this SAFELY if the range wants to do it. I am glad that your range is going to go this route, whichever way they decide to insure that the shooter is "qualified". Looking forward to your range opening up. Myself, my wife, and several other shooting friends are planning to be at your opening and purchasing memberships.

Otto Orive
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK, you can't throw out something like that without clarification, because the first thing that comes to mind is that only law enforcement is permitted to draw from a holster.

Can you expand upon that?

We will use a combination of either a skill check or a class demonstrating proficiency. Other ranges that we are familiar with have successfully employed this technique so we really don't see a problem here. We don't foresee a lot of people wanting to do this but there are many proficient shooters that will be able to qualify. Hope this helps.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you for your comments Orive. Look forward to meeting you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tyman44 View Post
    We will use a combination of either a skill check or a class demonstrating proficiency. Other ranges that we are familiar with have successfully employed this technique so we really don't see a problem here. We don't foresee a lot of people wanting to do this but there are many proficient shooters that will be able to qualify. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure I wasn't the only one left wondering what you meant!

Does being a former moderator meet the qualification requirement?
    I'm kidding!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Memberships are available on their website now.

(Butler County)

We are now OPEN for MEMBERSHIPS! We are NOW HIRING all positions!

The countdown is on ... Our opening date is late November 2017!

Please visit our website at https://www.keystoneshootingcenter.com

MEMBERSHIPS are now OPEN ... please visit our website to join!
    Memberships include: Freedom, Standard, Keystone Premier, & Corporate

Keystone Shooting Center is Pittsburgh's premier destination for a unique indoor shooting experience.

Opening late November 2017, our brand new 21,300 sq. ft. state-of-the-art indoor shooting range will feature ...
    - Climate-controlled, clean air HEPA filtration shooting lanes
    - Premium Retail Gun Showroom with over 500 popular brands
    - Professional class instruction for every level of shooter
    - A Luxury Keystone Member Lounge
    - Online Reservation System
    - Sophisticated virtual reality training programs for entertainment, sport, and tactical training

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast