Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Default Re: OC with badge next to gun smart or dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The funny thing is the dime store badge will probably keep the majority of sheeple from being triggered into a panic over the sight of a non government agent OC'ing.
    Especially in Philly. I think if I were an OC kind of person it would an interesting experiment to carry that way for a while and observe reactions accordingly.
    Stops the panic every time!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

^^^^Yeah but the panic ensues for your target/victim.^^^^

(Philadelphia County)

I'll go back to the original post, around city hall in Phila, most likely a detective heading to court. I'm not sure if any detective carries cuffs anytime. I see plenty of cops heading to court appearances and in general the gear is minimal.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I'll go back to the original post, around city hall in Phila, most likely a detective heading to court. I'm not sure if any detective carries cuffs anytime. I see plenty of cops heading to court appearances and in general the gear is minimal.
    The badge said "security agent".
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

he might as well have been wearing a badge that says "i am an arrogant prick" but in all seriousness, this is something i'd expect from antifa libtards. guess theirs would have their preferred pronoun and state "pony enforcement" but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If he doesn't have the sash, then it's just dumb.
    there is only one sash that isn't kind of gay.

the badge serves no purpose, maybe when he's at work guarding some HOA or something but, we have to remember. i can be dressed all in black and get asked in a homedepot or BJ's or Best Buy "do you work here?" "does my uniform have ANYthing in common with the rest of the employees' or the company's logo's colors?" "do i have an orange apron?" "do i have a red shirt?"
    most probably assume he's a cop and he probably likes that.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    I just want to post my experience here real quick when I would go out in plain clothes/regular POV and be taking cars whether people watched me do it in broad daylight or in the middle of the night every time I did not have my badge on me I had a gun put to my head every time I did have my badge as soon the police would arrive and immediately talk to me first before drawing their weapon.

I'm the type of repossessor that does not operate with tow truck I operate on foot most of the time so I am very very very commonly mistaken as a car thief especially when I take cars while people are pumping gas and stuff like that therefore my badge has saved my ass many of times.
    when i grew up in NJ, my neighbor was a repo guy, the job outright fascinates me. never can understand why people get so mad when something they agree to pay for, then don't, gets taken away.
    Last edited by fallenleader; June 13th, 2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: doublequote
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post

there is only one sash that isn't kind of gay.

They let Worf wear that even though it's not Star Fleet approved uniform, but they gave Ro Laren a rash of shit for her earrings.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

If he doesn't have the sash, then it's just dumb.
    They let Worf wear that even though it's not Star Fleet approved uniform, but they gave Ro Laren a rash of shit for her earrings.
    worf is a klingon, you wanna argue with a klingon? he's also one of the few black klingons.
    he wore that straight through his career as well.

Ro was a bajoran and a woman. she's lucky they let her out of the mess hall. :P

i realized that ST is basically what the libs dream of. all the equality and love, everyone is provided for and works for fun. meanwhile get into DS9 and starfleet is going bankrupt and it's all crumbling in on itself. the dream always ends.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Erie County)

Not unusual to see contract security at the federal buildings in philly armed and displaying a badge.

Probably keeps them from getting hassled by the actual cops.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Not unusual to see contract security at the federal buildings in philly armed and displaying a badge.

Probably keeps them from getting hassled by the actual cops.
    Yeah but if you are actually contract security wouldn't you have at least OC/Taser plus restraints on your person? Even though quasi-governmental officials can hide behind "qualified immunity" they can not outright use lethal force when less then lethal force might have affected an arrest. "Well I shot the guy because I didn't have cuffs on me so I could wrestle him to the ground and wait for backup" is not much of an excuse. In fact it is not an excuse. If you are law enforcement then when on duty you need to carry the tools to deploy a reasonable amount of force to effect and arrest. "It was a hot day and I didn't want to wear a gun belt with a bunch of tools" is not a constitutional answer.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    Even though quasi-governmental officials can hide behind "qualified immunity" they can not outright use lethal force when less then lethal force might have affected an arrest.
    What immunity, and what are the qualifications?

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    If you are law enforcement then when on duty you need to carry the tools to deploy a reasonable amount of force to effect and arrest. "It was a hot day and I didn't want to wear a gun belt with a bunch of tools" is not a constitutional answer.
    I spotted a gold shield in a store yesterday. Besides the issued Glock 22(?), he had handcuffs. Are you saying he would not be able to affectively arrest someone?

Anytime someone, anyone deploys a firearm, fired or not, there has to be justification in reason. Not even sure what kind of point you were making when you created this thread.

OTOH, thanks to a few geeks, I did learn something about a few Star Trek characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast