Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: should we be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    HR 38 is actually Concealed Carry Reciprocity, not Constitutional Carry.

Yes you should contact him, but please use the right name.

You can make it very easy on yourself. Sign the petition which faxes it to your congressman and both Senators.
    correct and is what we have the best chance of winning.

however, PA has a house or senate bill... *dig... dig... dig...*
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0170
    which everyone can feel free to harass the crap out of their state reps over.
    we will probably never see outright constitutional carry, but if PA offers it. we'd not only save all the money lost to lawsuits over sheriff's breaking ltcf/UFA laws. but we'd change very little. you still need a check to buy, can still oc without a permit. there are only a very few select instances where the LTCF is a difference.
    the sportsmans permit would then work hand in hand with the national recip. for anyone planning on leaving the state, an optional rider.

i completely missed that my local is matt cartwright. i'll start bothering him. hopefully he isn't a giant libcuck and is a rational dem whom is concerned about the safety of his fellow representatives and the freedom and safety of the constituents.
    Edit:
    this 30 seconds from a 45mph into a 35mph into a 55mph with it's intersections and signage. will determine if you are committing a crime or not.
    first time i went this way to avoid traffic, at night. wound up on a 1 way into NJ with no turnoff until on the other side of the river. the next time i drove it, i wound up in DWG. the next time i figured the correct exit as shown. maybe i'm extremely stupid, but a stupid turn winds up being jail time. (80 east is BAD, 80 west is GOOD.)
    it's one of 4 routes i can take. 209, 611, rt 80 or mountain roads north of it all. 209 and 80 frequently choke with traffic, accidents, etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.9874...1489847,15.74z
    Last edited by fallenleader; June 23rd, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post

i completely missed that my local is matt cartwright. i'll start bothering him. hopefully he isn't a giant libcuck and is a rational dem whom is concerned about the safety of his fellow representatives and the freedom and safety of the constituents.

Cartwright is a total Lib-commie-progressive.

Stay tuned. We (in the Lehigh Valley) are organizing a coalition of groups and influential people to replace Cartwright, Dent, Fitzpatrick, Costello & Meehan with people who are committed to Trump and who #SupportTheAgenda. There will be demonstrations at congressional offices, filling of town halls, counter-demonstrations, etc.

We hope to have a framework in place by end of summer.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Cartwright is a total Lib-commie-progressive.

Stay tuned. We (in the Lehigh Valley) are organizing a coalition of groups and influential people to replace Cartwright, Dent, Fitzpatrick, Costello & Meehan with people who are committed to Trump and who #SupportTheAgenda. There will be demonstrations at congressional offices, filling of town halls, counter-demonstrations, etc.

We hope to have a framework in place by end of summer.
    well, i will harass him none the less.
    preemption just went to state senate yesterday.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=671
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Tioga County)

I'm concerned with the lack of progress. The repubs in congress and the senate are mostly worthless and there isn't much heat on them from our side.

I think I know what the problem is. After 8 years of obama and a year and a half long election, people are totally fried and burnt on politics. People want some peace and quiet for a while and have taken their eye off the ball.

(Fulton County)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...procity-stall/

Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall

In a Thursday report, Michael Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety took a victory lap over the fact that the Republicans control the House yet Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) is not advancing national reciprocity.
    National Reciprocity was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017 and Gun Owners of America reported that it had 199 co-sponsors by June 21, 2017. Yet Second Amendment supporters have seen no action on the bill from Ryan or Congressional leadership.

So Everytown is claiming a win.

Politico reported, “Republicans in Washington keep promising rollbacks of gun control laws” but “so far haven’t taken action on any on it.”

There is no evidence that Everytown has anything to do with Ryan’s inaction, but the inaction lets Everytown gloat nonetheless.

Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY), Mo Brooks (R-AL), and Barry Loudermilk (R-KY) emerged from the June 14 Alexandria attack with a sharp focus on concealed carry and the ability to have a gun on one’s person for self-defense regardless of the state (or district) through which one is traveling. Second Amendment supporters hope Massie, Brooks, and Loudermilk can motivate Ryan to act on behalf of gun owners at a time like this; a time when Republicans control the House and Senate, and have a president who has already made clear he supports national reciprocity for concealed carry.

(Delaware County)

I think we need to get off our lazy laurels and start hammering our lazy reps in Congress. These are the laziest group of politicians I have ever encountered. They do jack shit!...and get paid for it.

Hammer time!

(Beaver County)

The win in 2016 was not winning the war, it was the first battle of the war.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    The win in 2016 was not winning the war, it was the first battle of the war.
    In some ways, and also in other ways it was the battle that proved that all hope is not lost. We have, and will have, opportunities that would have been fully exterminated if Hillary would have won; and, they know it. Thus, the major media full on assault.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I think we need to get off our lazy laurels and start hammering our lazy reps in Congress.

Hammer time!
    I've been doing that pretty much monthly to my house and senate representatives. Since nothing will be done shortly before an election, I think we have about 12 months to get this done. Or perhaps three years if republicans can maintain control of the Senate. I, too, am disappointed that the legislation has lots of co-sponsors, but seems to be going nowhere.

(Fulton County)

Don't worry guys, the GOP is pushing hard for National Reciprocity in the House during their recognition time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345