Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: should we be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    BINGO!

I don't want to be a naysayer coz I hate naysayers, but reality is that it takes a huge effort to get a bill passed.

It is even worse in regard to constitutional carry because the 2A community has a significant percent who oppose. Yes, you read that right. I have encountered many gun owners who carry daily and who tell me that the state should require not only a license, but training. I'm like WTF?

Anyway, as for general process, this is why I built a petition system. In addition to National Reciprocity, I'm running a Disparity of Force petition. People don't have to do anything but provide a name, address, phone, & email. The system then figures out who their lawmakers are and emails them. Then a couple of us from PA4SP (statewide 2A org) go to Harrisburg and meet with 3 or 4 lawmakers in a given day with the goal of securing cosponsorship.

With that, we have to bring a list of all those in their district who signed the petition. Typically the lawmaker starts checking the list in front of us to see if they in fact received emails from these people. We make our arguments, but in the end, it is a political decision for them. It has little to do with logic, rights, or anything else.

This is why we must get 2A people into office. That is the only solution. There's a group of 2A House reps who cosign every pro-2A bill. We need 3 times that number of reps. But if the 2A community is not willing to fight for and fund 2A campaigners, we get what we get.

I've had it with complaining gun owners who don't do shit. Fuck them. They should move to NJ. LOL! :-)
    maybe that'll be my sign, when i get out to a rally. "If you won't fight for the 2A, Move back to NJ,NY,CA"

i've defeated every training and permit argument with the simple. "look at example A of the government failing, you want to give them power over this as well?"
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Jefferson County)

I wouldn't be worried about the slow response to pro-gun bills moving. Pro-gun, and even most anti-gun, bills are of low importance to the overall operation of government. Same with PA bills.

Both, anti-gun and pro-gun, bills becoming law are quite rare on the federal and PA state levels.

You have to give them time, 5 months is not even enough time to get settled into presidential office, nor for both houses to agree on a damn thing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Fulton County)

It will be interesting to see how the GOP reacts to the left wing terrorist attack on Congressman Scalise, and if they cave on the second amendment.

they're already crying for special carry exemptions and security for themselves.
    we need to push at them with the national recipricatory act.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    At this point, the national reciprocity act is the only bill I'd like to see passed and signed. NJ, NY, CA will no doubt have a collective leftist-meltdown fit. But at least we'll have the law on our a little more than in the past.

You are 100 percent right. This is the only bill that we need to make sure will pass. Anything less is a total failure. It is now or never. In Florida the NRA is claiming victory because they make a couple small improvements to stand your ground. Yet campus carry and more importantly open carry were defeated. What was passed was peanuts compared to what should have passed. I hope that this is not what happens on a federal level. We need reciprocity of all state permits and lets get rid of the no carry zones which are dangerous to lawful citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    You are 100 percent right. This is the only bill that we need to make sure will pass. Anything less is a total failure. It is now or never. In Florida the NRA is claiming victory because they make a couple small improvements to stand your ground. Yet campus carry and more importantly open carry were defeated. What was passed was peanuts compared to what should have passed. I hope that this is not what happens on a federal level. We need reciprocity of all state permits and lets get rid of the no carry zones which are dangerous to lawful citizens.
    199 cosponsors on HR 38 right now. (list is here...)

PA GOP reps missing are Fitzpatrick, Costello, Meehan... the never Trumper's.

If I called for a march on each of their offices, 3-5 times per Rep, until we get media coverage, I wonder how many on this board would commit to doing it. My estimate is 25 would say they'd do it, and no more than 10 actually show up. There's the problem. Without people willing to make this their #1 priority, we just don't have the numbers to do shit. It is that simple.

I hear guys on this board and and elsewhere bitch and moan. But when it comes time to do something, what I usually hear is "I can't this Saturday cause my father-in-law booked us on a fishing trip" sort of crap.

We have too few fighters. Lot's of talkers though. (not accusing anyone in particular, just making a general statement). Meanwhile, our opposition can get 500 people out to a protest over flu-shots. It's sad really.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    199 cosponsors on HR 38 right now. (list is here...)

PA GOP reps missing are Fitzpatrick, Costello, Meehan... the never Trumper's.

If I called for a march on each of their offices, 3-5 times per Rep, until we get media coverage, I wonder how many on this board would commit to doing it. My estimate is 25 would say they'd do it, and no more than 10 actually show up. There's the problem. Without people willing to make this their #1 priority, we just don't have the numbers to do shit. It is that simple.

I hear guys on this board and and elsewhere bitch and moan. But when it comes time to do something, what I usually hear is "I can't this Saturday cause my father-in-law booked us on a fishing trip" sort of crap.

We have too few fighters. Lot's of talkers though. (not accusing anyone in particular, just making a general statement). Meanwhile, our opposition can get 500 people out to a protest over flu-shots. It's sad really.
    if it's in my neck of the woods, on a sunday or monday i'll show up. the rest of the time, work 8-7
    whats the likelyhood of this just getting filibustered in senate anyway? and how to overcome that?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    if it's in my neck of the woods, on a sunday or monday i'll show up. the rest of the time, work 8-7
    whats the likelyhood of this just getting filibustered in senate anyway? and how to overcome that?
    McConnell started the Rule 14 process about 2 weeks ago, for the version of Obamacare repeal they are currently working on. Looks like that will remain in place for tax cuts, and likely become the norm for everything else.

Right now, there are 37 cosponsors in the Senate. We won't get Casey to sign, but Toomey certainly should. But, he hasn't.

The list is here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...6%22%5D%7D&r=1

So far, he has received 1,346 faxes from our petition. I guess that's not enough for him. . .
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

I just emailed my rep to support this, which he will. All of you should do it too.

http://www.gunowners.org/hr38-is-moving-in-congress.htm

Pro-Gun Legislation is Fourteenth Most Popular Bill in Congress

Gun Owners of America (GOA) announced that the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is ranked fourteenth in number of cosponsors out of more than 2,700 bills in Congress.

H.R. 38, introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), would allow eligible concealed carriers to carry firearms across the country. According to GOA, this bill is in the 99th percentile of all legislation in the 115th Congress with 195 cosponsors.

Rep. Hudson credited GOA as a driving force behind the surge of cosponsors.

“A lot of that [success] has to do with grassroots organizations like Gun Owners of America pushing to get more cosponsors,” Rep. Hudson told a congressional audience.

Furthermore, Erich Pratt, Executive Director of GOA, pointed to grassroots activists as the reason for the bill’s success.

“The popularity of the bill is a testament to the activism of GOA members across the country,” Pratt said. “This bill is needed for gun owners because it would ensure citizens can protect themselves while traveling and prevent them from becoming unintentional criminals.”

Despite the success of the bill, GOA is striving to get over 200 cosponsors on the bill.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

[All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

George Orwell,*Animal Farm

QUOTE=fallenleader;3577488]they're already crying for special carry exemptions and security for themselves.
    we need to push at them with the national recipricatory act.[/QUOTE]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast