Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Still doing stupid things at 47

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Don't feel bad. When I was 8, I accidentally slammed my dick in the bathroom door. Was preparing a bath and had my clothes off, called down to my ma to bring me something to drink. She yelled back that she was busy and I would have to get it myself...So I slammed the door in a huff...Without realizing what was sticking through the crack. It was purple for at least a week.
    About that same age, I had a 'zipper incident' in the bathroom at school. Nothing like "Something about Mary"... just grazed the edge of it. Went to the school nurse to ask for a band-aid - she said "Sure, do you want me to put it on?"

I just awkwardly said No. But 40-odd years later, I look back and think the answer shoulda' been "Why yes. Yes I do."
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Sounded like they had a no gun policy but also had measures in place in case someone does have a gun. I'm sure they get people coming in from car accidents and things like that who can't leave it in a car or stop home. She said security had a box they could put it in which i took to mean a lock box.
    Probably more like a shoe box where they could poke it with pencils and shit in relative (imagined ) safety.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    LOL..... I knew this would be coming. And to be honest, these mimic what my response would have been if someone else had posted my story.

Traditionally, when I take care of something like this right away, it turns out to be nothing. But whenever I wait it turns out to be broken bones and such.

When they originally said they wanted me to get an xray, I said "no I just want a couple of stitches. When the doctor came in she explained the reason she wanted me to get xrays and it made sense.

She said if the bone was not fractured, she would sew the wound up tight. But if it was fractured it would give bacteria a way into the bone causing an Infection in the bone. In that case she would use less stitches so that any bacteria would not be trapped under the skin.

I was surprised when it came back fractured.

It sounded reasonable, and it's what I pay into my health insurance for. Might as well get my money's worth every now and then.

I'm glad that 1. you went to the ER, and 2. You stowed your pistol.

Bone infections aren't to be trifled with with open wounds. Besides, how embarrassing would it be to have your epitaph read "he died from a cut pinkie.". Take your full regiment of antibiotics, keep the finger dry, apply bacitracin if required, and don't wait around to go get it checked if the pain doesn't diminish or increases. MRSA will take you out irreparably in a few hours, not days.

When I chopped my leg, I had my buddies deliberately stop at my house en route to the ER knowing their no guns policy.

1. because my wife was on shift and I didn't want to cause issues for her. She has to rely on these people daily. It's not my place to screw with her co-workers.

2. Because once you get stuck in a hospital gown for imaging, your stuff is unguarded under your pant with NOBODY controlling it at your ER bedside. My wife tells me of druggies, county and Fed Penn prisomers coming in all the time along with gang victims, and people "looking" for someone. I'd really feel like shit if somebody got ahold of my pistol.

3. I don't know if the magnetic field is strong enough, but I'd also feel like a negligent dipshit if I placed my clothes along the edge of the MRI room, only to have it skitter across the floor when they turn it on. The "M" in MRI does stand for "magnetic".

A visit to the ER is one of those times when you just have to trust in Providence or probability that nothing will happen to you while you are there. Kinda like the kids' school or the post office.
    Last edited by Sandcut; June 10th, 2017 at 10:56 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Delaware County)

Don't feel bad. When I was 8, I accidentally slammed my dick in the bathroom door. Was preparing a bath and had my clothes off, called down to my ma to bring me something to drink. She yelled back that she was busy and I would have to get it myself...So I slammed the door in a huff...Without realizing what was sticking through the crack. It was purple for at least a week.
    Is this your way of saying you are well endowed??? Just saying...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Is this your way of saying you are well endowed??? Just saying...
    LOL, Yeah: only way I could slam my dick in the door would be if I was trying to hump the latch!
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

Is that to say if I sent you a photo of one you still would not "see" it?
    No.Just saying I do not look for them.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

You fucked up.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    No.Just saying I do not look for them.
    I don't look for them either, but being naturally observant I usually know the climate of my environment.
    On more than one occasion I've seen "no firearms" in boldface letters posted in a medical facility.
    And then there are the accounts of others to boot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I don't know if the magnetic field is strong enough, but I'd also feel like a negligent dipshit if I placed my clothes along the edge of the MRI room, only to have it skitter across the floor when they turn it on. The "M" in MRI does stand for "magnetic".
    It sure does.

http://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10....178.5.1781092

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

WHOA!!! That's totally wicked!

I had to share that one with wifey! Thanks.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast