Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Still doing stupid things at 47

So last night as I was getting ready for bed I somehow managed to the pinky on my dominant hand caught in the bathroom door as i was walking to bed and sliced open my pinky and fractured the bone. (Doctor at the er said that was a first for her). Normally I avoid doctors but knew it was probably dr worthy so I went to Riddle hospital around 11:45.

Two gun related notes from the trip.

1. Their Wifi did allow me to access pafoa and slickguns, nice to know that they do not block firearm related sites.

2. When i got to the back room, they were asking me questions like do you ever feel depressed, down etc to which the answer was no. She was rattling them off going through the motions expecting typical responses. Then she asked "do you have any firearms knives or other dangerous weapons on you now"? I suck at lying and said "yes a gun" The look and reaction was priceless, she thought I was joking with her and said "are you serious"? When i said "yes" she ask if I could either have security lock it up in a box or put it in the car. My wife put it in the car.

The nurse was surprised but professional. Other than the length of time it took (took until 3:30) for what I thought would just be a couple of stitches, the whole staff was profession. Also ran into my next door neighbors on the way in as they were leaving. They had been in a car accident earlier.

I have to carry on the right side for a couple of weeks. Not my preferred sided. But I do practice with my right hand when i go to the range.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Still doing stupid things at 47

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Not my preferred sided. But I do practice with my right hand when i go to the range.

Do you get any funny looks when you do that?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Do you get any funny looks when you do that?
    Only when I use gun oil.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Only when I use gun oil.
    I hear froglube is the bee's knee's.

(Butler County)

Surprised there wasn't a no-firearms rule at the hospital. There usually is and obviously you chose to gear-up before you left the house and also chose not to leave it in the car.

I often rehearse situations like this in my head. My wife doesn't have a LTCF....So what would I do in our case? Unload it and put it in a bag for her to carry out? And what would hospital staff think if you were trying to unload a gun in an ER with a bad hand? Don't get me wrong. I'm not Mr. Goody Two-Shoes all the time myself.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Surprised there wasn't a no-firearms rule at the hospital. There usually is and obviously you chose to gear-up before you left the house and also chose not to leave it in the car.
    Sounded like they had a no gun policy but also had measures in place in case someone does have a gun. I'm sure they get people coming in from car accidents and things like that who can't leave it in a car or stop home. She said security had a box they could put it in which i took to mean a lock box.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post

I often rehearse situations like this in my head. My wife doesn't have a LTCF....So what would I do in our case? Unload it and put it in a bag for her to carry out? And what would hospital staff think if you were trying to unload a gun in an ER with a bad hand? Don't get me wrong. I'm not Mr. Goody Two-Shoes all the time myself.
    I have never seen a no guns sign at any hospital I have been in. I do not look for signs or policies as a rule. I also don't answer questions that do not pertain to any condition I am at the hospital trying to have corrected. The only time I ever had to remove my gun from my person while in a hospital is when I had an x-ray. I just folded it into my pants and left them on the chair next to the table.

(Erie County)

What ever happened to using duct tape, after cleaning the wound with some vodka?

Some of us have gone soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Delaware County)

Geez, all this over that little cut? Come on man, tough it out. Nothing a dab of styptic powder and a band-aid couldn't have handled.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

You did two stupid things. The second was going to the ER.

I would have wrapped it up drank a shot of something and gone to bed. I hatz doctors. They're more useless then politicians.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast