Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Still doing stupid things at 47

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Geez, all this over that little cut? Come on man, tough it out. Nothing a dab of styptic powder and a band-aid couldn't have handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You did two stupid things. The second was going to the ER.

I would have wrapped it up drank a shot of something and gone to bed. I hatz doctors. They're more useless then politicians.
    Yeah, and according to his age in the thread title, he's old enough to know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    What ever happened to using duct tape, after cleaning the wound with some vodka?

Some of us have gone soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Geez, all this over that little cut? Come on man, tough it out. Nothing a dab of styptic powder and a band-aid couldn't have handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You did two stupid things. The second was going to the ER.

I would have wrapped it up drank a shot of something and gone to bed. I hatz doctors. They're more useless then politicians.
    LOL..... I knew this would be coming. And to be honest, these mimic what my response would have been if someone else had posted my story.

Traditionally, when I take care of something like this right away, it turns out to be nothing. But whenever I wait it turns out to be broken bones and such.

When they originally said they wanted me to get an xray, I said "no I just want a couple of stitches. When the doctor came in she explained the reason she wanted me to get xrays and it made sense.

She said if the bone was not fractured, she would sew the wound up tight. But if it was fractured it would give bacteria a way into the bone causing an Infection in the bone. In that case she would use less stitches so that any bacteria would not be trapped under the skin.

I was surprised when it came back fractured.

It sounded reasonable, and it's what I pay into my health insurance for. Might as well get my money's worth every now and then.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I have never seen a no guns sign at any hospital I have been in. I do not look for signs or policies as a rule. I also don't answer questions that do not pertain to any condition I am at the hospital trying to have corrected. The only time I ever had to remove my gun from my person while in a hospital is when I had an x-ray. I just folded it into my pants and left them on the chair next to the table.
    There are several hospitals in Pittsburgh with a no firearms rule, and another PAFOA member also started a whole thread about a time he was open carrying at a hospital and told to leave because of their policy. It is fairly common. I also do not "see" every sign in place but I do know that they can charge you with trespassing and win....or perhaps charge you with wreckless endangerment and make you show up for court -even if they do not win it could be a deliberate inconvenience and deterrent to not obey their policies.

Apparently the nurse in this case was being nice and didn't choose to get security involved. That can always happen and could result in you not getting help as quickly.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    There are several hospitals in Pittsburgh with a no firearms rule, and another PAFOA member also started a whole thread about a time he was open carrying at a hospital and told to leave because of their policy. It is fairly common. I also do not "see" every sign in place but I do know that they can charge you with trespassing and win....or perhaps charge you with wreckless endangerment and make you show up for court -even if they do not win it could be a deliberate inconvenience and deterrent to not obey their policies.

Apparently the nurse in this case was being nice and didn't choose to get security involved. That can always happen and could result in you not getting help as quickly.
    Yep never seen a sign at any hospital I have ever been in.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

It sounded reasonable, and it's what I pay into my health insurance for. Might as well get my money's worth every now and then.
    The flip side of my approach is I will probably be dead before 60 because I don't even consider seeing a doctor until it's probably too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    What ever happened to using duct tape, after cleaning the wound with some vodka?

Some of us have gone soft.
    Duct tape is for pussies...stapler.jpg
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Mercy Fitzgerald has signs even after the doctor saved lives by having a gun. Stupid people. Never been asked about guns at Riddle or Lankenau.

Ouch!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Mercy Fitzgerald has signs even after the doctor saved lives by having a gun. Stupid people. Never been asked about guns at Riddle or Lankenau.
    Thanks a lot. Plausible deniability right out the window.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Luzerne County)

I have been doing stupid things for 55 years and counting.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast