Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Lost Stamp???

(Monroe County)

Angry Lost Stamp???

So I have been patiently waiting for over 12 months for my tax stamp to come in. I finally got fed up and asked the shop for the serial number (it took multiple phone calls and an unsuccessful trip to the store to get it!!! Ill complain later).
    They got me the serial number today, called the ATF... Approved in FEBRUARY!!!

Has anyone had this happen to them? The shop claims they never got it. I have a hard time believing them because I am not particularly fond of many of the employee's there (no names or shop name at this point. again, complain later).
    If so what shop has it happened at (if your willing to disclose)?

How will this effect me in getting my suppressor?

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Lost Stamp???

Happenes often enough. Hell my SOT license was lost, so they had to reissue me a knew one. I lost a complete month of legal sales. The lady on the phone told me they had been having issues with the mail through Baltimore....ok, so call me to let me know it's on its way incase it doesn't make it. "We don't have time to make phone calls"

Anyway
    You or the shop can notify the ATF that the stamp was approved but never received and they will mail you a cerified (not really anthing special) copy of the form that they kept when you submitted duplicates.
    You won't have the original stamp/sticker now, just a photo copy.

304) 616-4500
    Have your serial number, your name, dealer's name handy.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Centre County)

You can do what Nate suggested but you really need to have your dealer involved as it is on his books. That shop needs to do the legwork because an approved form 4 goes to the shop so they can make sure their books are in order and let you know so you can finish the paperwork and get your suppressor. If they give you a bunch of crap or don't seem to want to do their job, tell them your next call is to the BATFE to complain about them and how they are handling NFA items. See if that doesn't shake them up a bit. DO NOT talk to a clerk, talk to the manager or the owner.

You cannot get your suppressor until the shop that is storing it gets the approved form 4 (in whatever form, original or certified copy) so they can call you and finish the paperwork and give you the original or the original certified copy. If, perchance, the NFA Branch sends the certified copy directly to you, then make some copies and take a copy to the shop and give it to them and finish the paperwork.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    You can do what Nate suggested but you really need to have your dealer involved as it is on his books. That shop needs to do the legwork because an approved form 4 goes to the shop so they can make sure their books are in order and let you know so you can finish the paperwork and get your suppressor. If they give you a bunch of crap or don't seem to want to do their job, tell them your next call is to the BATFE to complain about them and how they are handling NFA items. See if that doesn't shake them up a bit. DO NOT talk to a clerk, talk to the manager or the owner.

You cannot get your suppressor until the shop that is storing it gets the approved form 4 (in whatever form, original or certified copy) so they can call you and finish the paperwork and give you the original or the original certified copy. If, perchance, the NFA Branch sends the certified copy directly to you, then make some copies and take a copy to the shop and give it to them and finish the paperwork.
    My dealer doesnt call me back when i call them. Both guys in charge of nfa were there yesterday. No phone call. Im thinking this may be the last purchase with them. They seem too lax in their handling of nfa items.
    If i request a copy, how long does it usually take to get?

(Centre County)

If your dealer isn't burning up the phone lines talking to the NFA about this matter, they are doing you a grave disservice. I would go to the dealer and raise holy hell with them and tell them; 1, you want to physically see your suppressor and hold it in your hands, 2, tell them that if you don't hear from them in a day with information AND the persons name they talked to at the NFA Branch that you are going to call the NFA Branch and get the whole story and file a complaint. If they give you any reason that they cannot let you see and handle YOUR suppressor (I am assuming it is paid for) then immediately call bullshit and tell them you're calling the police and the BATFE to report that they have stolen YOUR suppressor. Myself, I would not do business with them at all and tell them that you will spread their name far and wide about how you were treated.

For your last question, call the NFA Branch 304-616-4500 explain what is going on and ask to speak to a supervisor - do not go off on the NFA people, they will try to help you if you are calm and polite.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Warren County)

Go stand on his desk until you have his attention.

Then explain in a calm rational manner exactly what a fuster cluck they inflicted on you and that you are gonna share the details with the Internet if you don't get a timely resolution to THEIR screw up.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE