Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Susquehanna County)

Default How do you feel about REQUIRED $1 Million in Firearms Liability Insurance?

Don't like it? I know I don't but apparently Representative V. Brown thinks it is a dandy idea for anyone with a LTCF have it in order to qualify for licensing.

Regular Session 2017-2018
    House Bill 1507

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for licenses.

Prime Sponsor: Representative V. BROWN

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, June 6, 2017 [House]
    See: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=1507 for Bill info. PDF attached is the full text.

1507.pdf

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Default Re: How do you feel about REQUIRED $1 Million in Firearms Liability Insurance?

Another way to control the populace. "Shall not be infringed" plain and simple

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How do you feel about REQUIRED $1 Million in Firearms Liability Insurance?

Another way to make lawful ownership of guns out of the hands of common folk...I will call my reps to veto this.

shall not be infringed upon.
    A mandatory requirement is an infringement,
    and takes self defense out of the hands of the people most vulnerable to violence, the Poor, Elderly and Single mothers
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lancaster County)

Interesting, we just had a thread with many folks extolling the virtues of insurance policies such as NRA's carry guard and similar other policies, My thoughts were and always will be it's highly unlikely to be used and if needed probably won't cover too much. But if someone smells a chance to make a buck ,insurance companies and (liberal) politicians alike,it may become a mandate and roadblock to exercise a right. Much like auto insurance, another added step and cost to do something that should be yours to do FREEly

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Interesting, we just had a thread with many folks extolling the virtues of insurance policies such as NRA's carry guard and similar other policies, My thoughts were and always will be it's highly unlikely to be used and if needed probably won't cover too much. But if someone smells a chance to make a buck ,insurance companies and (liberal) politicians alike,it may become a mandate and roadblock to exercise a right. Much like auto insurance, another added step and cost to do something that should be yours to do FREEly
    Indeed, I think it is more about money than control, and usually is. The public safety angle is often just an alibi to makenit seem like they care about people's well-being solibs will vote for it. However, most grass roots liberals and dems would be incensed if they knew the real reason for such legislation.

(Washington County)

Oh yea. Sure let me add that to the list of bills. F that Bs.

Emails sent.

(Delaware County)

Doomed proposal. Maybe passes in CA but not in PA. The state can compel insurance on a car because driving is a privlege not a right, but when it comes to a right I don't think it would get the votes or, if it did, hold up to a court challenge.

I wish he had introduced a bill to fix the potholes on state highways.

Great idea as long as the insurance payments dont exceed $50 amonth !

(York County)

Turn the tables on them - add a second rider that requires the same liability insurance before one can post to any social media, submit a letter to the editor, perform public speaking - or even have a conversation.
    Need to protect against libel and offending any delicate sensitivities ya know.

I'm sure the irony would escape them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast