Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: How do you feel about REQUIRED $1 Million in Firearms Liability Insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    This insurance would be a big money maker because few claims would ever get paid. Liability insurance pays for covered accidents but not deliberate acts. Self defense shootings are done on purpose so they would not be covered. If you were an insurance company, would you cover lead airplanes? Of course you would because, even if one was built, it would never get off the ground. True accidents are another matter as is insurance to cover the cost of a legal defense in a firearms discharge incident.
    Well maybe you picked the wrong company.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Default Re: How do you feel about REQUIRED $1 Million in Firearms Liability Insurance?

i can't even afford to insure my home.
    so thats how i feel.
    i'm hoping to negotiate fire coverage, when i finally got some extra $, the insurance company denied me, roof and deck needed repairs. repaired deck but roof ...well, anyone want a kidney, it's pretty fresh, great price.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Philadelphia County)

Next they'll make it $5 Million then...??? Sly attempt to skirt the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethdl View Post
    Next they'll make it $5 Million then...??? Sly attempt to skirt the 2nd amendment.
    yep. defeats mostarguments when you say "yes, insurance is wise, training is wise. this should be incentivised or recommended. but making it mandatory is terrible."
    then you go into other things the gvmnt has abused or ruined.

i would love government sponsored training programs. just not mandatory ones.
    school rifle programs, etc.
    ifi could afford more than minimum car policy, and could afford any home ins.
    id love an easy option to add self defense ins. all through one bill.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Northumberland County)

Everyone in our house hold carries self defense insurance. Covers lawyer and bail if needed. And lawsuit attorney too.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Interesting, we just had a thread with many folks extolling the virtues of insurance policies such as NRA's carry guard and similar other policies, My thoughts were and always will be it's highly unlikely to be used and if needed probably won't cover too much. But if someone smells a chance to make a buck ,insurance companies and (liberal) politicians alike,it may become a mandate and roadblock to exercise a right. Much like auto insurance, another added step and cost to do something that should be yours to do FREEly
    Indeed, I think it is more about money than control, and usually is. The public safety angle is often just an alibi to makenit seem like they care about people's well-being solibs will vote for it. However, most grass roots liberals and dems would be incensed if they knew the real reason for such legislation.

(Bucks County)

I don't think much of insurance that pays only if the insured is found not guilty. It's a cop-out, in my view.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I hate this saying, but it does fit the bill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234