Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEG

(Cumberland County)

Default FEG

So, curios, what's a decent price for a FEG 9mm browning hi-power style in good to very good condition. One of my usual spots has bunch of them sub $300 and it looks like a decent gun ?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Elk County)

Default Re: FEG

Depends on the FEG model of "Hi-Power" lookalike. The "clone" of the BHP is the FEG PJK-9HP:

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=446348

If it's a PJK-9HP and it's sub-$300, that's worthy of consideration. I've owned a couple-few and let friends talk me out of them.

If it's any other model, they may resemble a BHP but they are more like S&Ws on the inside.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Cumberland County)

Hmmm, listed as model p9m.
    I have a FEG GKK-92c and is seems like a decent gun, thought the hi-power clone might be good. The models listed seem like an older model of the PJK-9hp maybe ?
    Last edited by cruzans; June 7th, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I have a FEG GKK-92c and is seems like a decent gun, thought the hi-power clone might be good. The models listed seem like an older model of the PJK-9hp maybe ?
    P9M is a later production version of the PJK-9HP. Another model, the FP9 had a ventilated rib. All three are BHP design.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks. Price seemed decent. Will sleep on it !

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    P9M is a later production version of the PJK-9HP. Another model, the FP9 had a ventilated rib. All three are BHP design.

Noah
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lehigh County)

Check out post 15 in the thread Noah quoted. It is a good picture of one of the S&W clones. Easy to tell apart.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Adams County)

So, curios, what's a decent price for a FEG 9mm browning hi-power style in good to very good condition. One of my usual spots has bunch of them sub $300 and it looks like a decent gun ?
    Here is an unusual experience with one of these. My old law firm was defending a major gunmaker that was being sued in an accidental shooting case. The gun involved was an FEG clone of the Browning High Power. I went to one of the pre-trial conferences with the litigation partner in order to examine the gun. I was able to swear out an affidavit that the FEG was not made by our client, but was a quality firearm because of its steel frame and being a copy of a long accepted design, and that all of the safety features worked. Our client was dismissed out of the case before any trial based on my affidavit.

(Butler County)

If it's the BHP clone I think they're worth that. I have one from Cole's via gunbroker. I paid close to 3 for it. It shoots as well as a Browning, for me anyway.

(Lancaster County)

Cool! A thread I'm actually going to be of help to answer!

I bought an FEG Hi Power clone a few months back. Before I did, I did a lot of research because I wanted an exact clone. Initially, the clones were exactly that- a direct copy. All parts exchanged and the only difference was a cast frame instead of a forged frame. Over time, slide stops and barrel lugs changed. Then the gun became a double/single action firearm that more closely copied a S&W. I will say this- mine is more than accurate, however, I've had several issues with it. It's a "very high mileage" gun with significant wear, so some repairs were expected. I had to have a new ejector installed, a new extractor spring installed with an extractor polishing, and my firing pin retainer broke and was replaced. Luckily all parts were easily available and I'm back up and running. Cylinder and Slide brand parts will drop right in for a wonderful performance trigger if you want to go that far. Once you get a few bugs worked out of the worn ones, they shoot extremely well and are fun to take to the range. I recommend one!

(Cumberland County)

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Cool! A thread I'm actually going to be of help to answer!

I bought an FEG Hi Power clone a few months back. Before I did, I did a lot of research because I wanted an exact clone. Initially, the clones were exactly that- a direct copy. All parts exchanged and the only difference was a cast frame instead of a forged frame. Over time, slide stops and barrel lugs changed. Then the gun became a double/single action firearm that more closely copied a S&W. I will say this- mine is more than accurate, however, I've had several issues with it. It's a "very high mileage" gun with significant wear, so some repairs were expected. I had to have a new ejector installed, a new extractor spring installed with an extractor polishing, and my firing pin retainer broke and was replaced. Luckily all parts were easily available and I'm back up and running. Cylinder and Slide brand parts will drop right in for a wonderful performance trigger if you want to go that far. Once you get a few bugs worked out of the worn ones, they shoot extremely well and are fun to take to the range. I recommend one!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast