Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on Edinboro Outdoors and transferring stripped lowers. I had two lowers sent to them and when I got there, I was told that by law I have to decide right then and there how I'm going to build out the lower, handgun or rifle. They refused to transfer it as "other" saying that they can't do that because they need to know if it's going to end up as a rifle or pistol so they can register it accordingly. They said if I transfer it as a rifle and then build it as a pistol, even if I had never put a rifle barrel or rifle stock on it, I'd be going to jail for a long time if I got caught. This didn't sound right to me but they were adamant so I didn't argue. I had the lowers transferred as rifles, paid the transfer fee and was on my way.
I later called The Keystone Armory, which is nearby and asked them about this and they said stripped lowers can be transferred as "other" and then built out however you please as long as you don't build a rifle then turn it into a pistol later. So the Keystone Armory is getting my business from now on.