Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: 9mm build questions

Solid brass rod smaller than the bore, insert from the muzzle, catch an edge of the case mouth and tap it. Same as what flathead suggested, only safer.

Or get an old cleaning rod, 9mm solid cleaning jag and very tight patch. Same approach. May have to give it a whack on the rod end. You may be able to for go the patch amd just use the jag.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Perry County)

Ended up taking to gunsmith and it took him a lot to get it out.
    he didn't have a lighter spring but he thought that might have been the issue with the failure to feed. Possibly limp wristing too.
    i had another normal pistol spring and put that in. went to the range yesterday and only had 2 failures to feed and they most likely were due to me not holding stiff enough.

1 was while on the bench rest with the glock facotry 33 rd mag. I may not have been holding it stiff enough.
    2nd was with a magpul g17 17 rd mag while standing. most likely not holding tight enough.

I shot over 100 rounds though 5 or 6 different mags.

This is a huge change over having it fail to feed 3-4 times on every mag before the spring change.

I also put a primary arms red dot on it (i had this on another rifle).

(Allegheny County)

Limp wristing a "rifle"?

Is that really a thing?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Limp wristing a "rifle"?

Is that really a thing?
    limp wristing may not be the correct term. basically not holding it stiff enough? it's technically a pistol (no stock), and it's a 9mm ar operated by recoil, so when you think about that, if it's not held firmly enough, that recoil action is lessened.

(Perry County)

debating on getting a brace of some sort or just saving the money and going straight to the SBR...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    debating on getting a brace of some sort or just saving the money and going straight to the SBR...
    I went straight SBR with a Can. Screw it.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Wayne County)

Why would any gun enthusiast support silly NFA rules with his own hard earned money??? Pay for American made pistol brace and donate the rest to veterans fund or whatnot.

(Perry County)

This pistol is starting to piss me off.

I still have issues where it fails to feed correctly. Same issue as before. It's less frequent but still a pretty big issue.
    Sometimes it happens when pulling the charging handle manually, sometimes during firing.
    Happens with both glock factory 33 rd mags (even with loaded much less than 33) and Magpul Glock 17 mags.

I'm using the 7.5 oz kaw valley buffer with a standard ar-15 buffer spring. It seemed to be worse with the heavy spring.
    I'm shooting 115 gr ammo.

Do I need to shoot like 147 gr. ammo? I did buy 2 boxes of it to try it out but haven't been to the range yet with it.
    Do I need a lighter buffer, like 5.5 oz?

Also sometimes it will chamber a round but then when I pull the trigger it won't fire. When this happens there is no primer strike on the primer. When I try to pull the charging handle to extract the cartridge, there's a lot of resistance (harder to pull back the charging handle).

I really can't afford to put much more money in this damn thing so cheapest solutions are recommended!

Oh, I also bought a sling to use to make it more stable to shoot, so I doubt it's a limp wrist type of situation.

(Perry County)

So I shot 50 rounds of 147 gr out of 3 different mags and the only time I had a failure to feed was when i pulled the charging hand back on the first round in the 1st mag, although it did chamber by itself after like 2 seconds. Is there an area on chamber area that I may need to polish or something?

Or do you think I should get a lighter buffer? I see there's 5.5 oz 9mm buffer, but is 2 oz really going to make that much of a difference?

I also had 1 instance where it chambered the round but failed to fire.

(Perry County)

124 gr seems to work ok too.

Another thing i noticed that is odd is that I tried to line up my magpul mbus sights to the red dot, and the rear sight is almost all the way to the left.
    Is that normal? I ran it with just the mbus and it was hitting where I wanted it to, but I don't know why I had to adjust it so much?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast