Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Falcon 37 Habu Charging handle for AR's.

Seems like something for someone that plays with the AR at home in their underwear far more than shooting it. I mainly use the charging handle to lock the bolt back when I start shooting, bolt release to chamber the round, bolt release to load the round from a fresh mag when the previous mag runs dry.(like your supposed to). In the rare case of a malfunction well yea you need it but I don't put faith in that CH holding up to remove a solid lockup.(like a blown primer locking it up) Not to mention that those spring loaded latchs are good at rounding off the upper prematurely.

(Bucks County)

Want to trade: Forward Assist for an Extraction Assist.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Seems like something for someone that plays with the AR at home in their underwear far more than shooting it. I mainly use the charging handle to lock the bolt back when I start shooting, bolt release to chamber the round, bolt release to load the round from a fresh mag when the previous mag runs dry.(like your supposed to). In the rare case of a malfunction well yea you need it but I don't put faith in that CH holding up to remove a solid lockup.(like a blown primer locking it up) Not to mention that those spring loaded latchs are good at rounding off the upper prematurely.
    The problem with that theory is that I don't wear underwear

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    What I meant was viewing this device in the context of the time it takes to mortar a rifle to clear a stuck case malfunction.

A stuck case requiring one to mortar the rifle is a significantly worse scenario than a double feed in a handgun which takes a skilled shooter an average of about 8 seconds to clear. It takes about 8 seconds to establish a "stuck case" malfunction in a rifle (which would have included an initial T-R-B clearance sequence).

Transition to your handgun? Sure (if you happen to be carrying one). Point is bump in the night in the civilian context I'm reaching for my carbine and would not take the time to also strap on a handgun.

Back to the thread topic, I wouldn't base a decision not to purchase this item given that it might be a little more clumsy to mortar the rifle than with a conventional CH. It's a bad situation either way and IMO the bottom line is the difference would be negligible.

YMMV.
    bump in the night, im reaching for the pump 12ga.

i once had a cartridge jam on the feed ramps, they crimped into the sides of the cartridge.
    was able to clear with standard charging handle but it's not my favorite thing to use.
    far more often i use it to retract the bcg and drop it on the first round of the mag which often gives me issues feeding. however, less than 200rnds through rifle. might need a bit of polish or wear.
    never an issue after the first round.

this looks cool, probably feels better to use, but whooo the price, do wish i had a cheek rest though. still getting used to head placement on the ar platform.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123