Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: I can carry now. I got permission from the guy from Illinois. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    I'm moving to Wisconsin for a promotion in august. Gonna be in the oxford area somewhere how far is Oshkosh from that?
    65 miles.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    the most amusing OC encounter I remember happened roughly 5 years ago. I was OCing in one of those "outlets" malls in PA. Inside the Coach store, there was a Japanese couple (obviously tourists). the husband saw my OCed SIG, and he just stood there, staring at it and me. It was an indignant, almost contfrontational stare. His wife was literally pulling at his arm, to move on.

It was something. It's too bad, I wish I could have talked to them for a few minutes.
    It is rude to maintain eye contact in Asian cultures generally. You should have reminded him that you know it is rude for his culture to do so. Smile and maintain eye contact until HE breaks it, lol.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    It is rude to maintain eye contact in Asian cultures generally. You should have reminded him that you know it is rude for his culture to do so. Smile and maintain eye contact until HE breaks it, lol.
    Should we squint when we stare them down?
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Quote Originally Posted by BF750 View Post
    Where in WI? Originally I'm from Oshkosh right off 41
    The Brat stand was at the junction of 41 and Hwy 67. The same lot as Midwestern shooter supply.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

the most amusing OC encounter I remember happened roughly 5 years ago. I was OCing in one of those "outlets" malls in PA. Inside the Coach store, there was a Japanese couple (obviously tourists). the husband saw my OCed SIG, and he just stood there, staring at it and me. It was an indignant, almost contfrontational stare. His wife was literally pulling at his arm, to move on.

It was something. It's too bad, I wish I could have talked to them for a few minutes.
    I would have said, "Now about that Bataan Death March"...
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Ask him, "What part of Korea are you from?"
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Ask him, "What part of Korea are you from?"
    That would have been humorous because I was born in Korea (but don't speak a word of the language).

That would have been humorous because I was born in Korea (but don't speak a word of the language).
    That would have been like walking up to somebody in a PETA t-shirt and saying, "Man is veal the PERFECT food or what???"

I saw "The Final Countdown" in the Camp Greaves post theater when I was on the DMZ in 1981.

There were a lot of GIs with their Korean girlfriends in the theater.

When the F-14s shot down the Zeros, the Korean girls leaped to their feet and there was a standing ovation which drowned out the move for 2-3 minutes.

To say there's "animosity" between Koreans and Japanese (and vice versa) is like saying James Earl Ray "wasn't a fan of" MLK.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    She abhors the violence and death in Chicago. The thought of a gun in the house is completely out of the question as far as she is concerned. We have this talk but no change is in sight. Really sad thing is I have to keep my sons gun here in Wisconsin where they are doing him no good if something would happen.
    Your son needs to check his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
    Your son needs to check his wife.
    ...into a group home?
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12