Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Good Police

Default Re: Good Police

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    Major this

But after yesterday... we might be at risk as legally armed citizens

If a cops fears for his life...... PERIOD!
    If they're determined to shoot somebody, they're going to shoot somebody.

Ask Levar Jones and Charles Kinsey.

And have no doubts in your military mind that they and their fanbois will line up to defend the shooter and shit all over the victim(s).
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Allegheny County)

Mine expired about 8 years ago, and didnt bother renewing it on purpose. Between your plate number, drivers license, and cruiser computer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    However, part of me also thinks it is best to tell the officer that I am presenting the LCFA and informing them about the firearm simply to make sure that they know I am aware of how difficult their job is and I am a calm responsible citizen and just being respectful and I'm not a threat to them.
    Tyrants do appreciate compliant subjects.

JMO,Being a Retied LEO,I would be much more appreciative being presented an LTCF . And for those who dont agree have you ever had to respond to a DOMESTIC CALL ? That always gets a LEOs heart Pumping so why not give them the ease of any interaction you may have ! And GOOD Leos far outweigh the bad apples in this world ! MDT

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    And GOOD Leos far outweigh the bad apples in this world !
    And good days generally outweigh the bad. But we don't carry for the odds, we carry for the consequences. In that same vein:

Odds are that Officer Friendly will be... well... friendly. The consequences if he's not, however, lead many to stay quiet.

My 2¢

(Bucks County)

The risk of your common traffic stop going south are greatly enhanced (imo) if you let the copper know you're armed.
    Responding to a domestic is a little different than a traffic stop.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Venango County)

God forbid you are on the opposite side of the state.

An officer knows you are armed and wants to check it. But not against the stolen report database but the Sales database and sees it comes in your wife's name. He decides not to give it back to you but your wife can pick it up later. Now, the sales database can't be used that way as not all firearms are in it and secondly, if you have a LTCF, you can borrow another person's firearm and third, there is no reason to confiscate the firearms as no law was broken with it.

So, even if that officer was one in a thousand (it probably is much more common depending on where you are) is that something you really want to deal with? And if other police don't like it, I understand, but make sure the other officers who overstep their lawful reach get looked down upon etc. Use group or peer pressures. Some departments are way overboard when it comes to any firearm. I don't overreact to armed agents of the state, or at least not yet. Though the police having full autos in the Roman amphitheater confiscating alcohol and cokes before an opera was a bit much in Verona, Italy, lol. Must have been a hell of a party at the barracks!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    JMO,Being a Retied LEO,I would be much more appreciative being presented an LTCF .
    I'm sure you'd be "appreciative" if I allowed warrantless searches without probable cause, and waived my right to remain silent too.

NO, I REFUSE.

Funny how when one of those "few bad apples" turns up, the "good apples" line up solidly behind him.

Google "Tony Abbate" + "blue wall of silence".
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567