Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a 'Protected Class'

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Another way of fighting that protected class bullshit is to raise everyone to protected class, and everyone is equal again
    Some will always be more equal than others.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Default Re: Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a 'Protected Class'

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I don't like "protected classes" either. I thought we were all created equal??? However, we need a mechanism to roll back on the infringements of our right to carry a firearm. At least these legislators are going on the offensive for a change. They are giving the libs a dose of their own medicine. Shira Goodman makes me sick.
    I agree with you, we should all be treated equally in this country. This concept is turned on it's head with "Hate Crimes" legislation and other laws that say a cops life or a congress critters life is worth more than yours or mine.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I don't like "protected classes" either. I thought we were all created equal??? However, we need a mechanism to roll back on the infringements of our right to carry a firearm. At least these legislators are going on the offensive for a change. They are giving the libs a dose of their own medicine. Shira Goodman makes me sick.
    The problem is that some people allow personal beliefs to affect how they treat others, which is the reason why "protected classes" needs to be in law.

There really is little difference in refusing to rent a motel room to a black person because he/she is black than there is from refusing to rent a motel room to a person who lawfully owns/carries a firearm.

There will always be some folks who are more equal than others. Money will often be the deciding factor. If every person in the USA only had $1 to their name, and no other personal attributes played a factor - the person who found the last remaining penny on a sidewalk would instantly become "more equal" than all others in the nation.

The anti-gun folks have been trying to kill our rights by death of a thousand cuts for well over 100 years. Any step taken to regain our rights, or to protect them, is a step in the right direction. And if given the chance to treat gun owners as lessor citizens, the anti-gun folks would take it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Constitutional Carry is the only class we need. You can't elevate our rights any more than that...

(Delaware County)

Now you're talkin'!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Constitutional Carry is the only class we need. You can't elevate our rights any more than that...
    Actually we very much do need this. Discrimination in employment, education, family matters, business, commerce, etc. is a very real concern and is a frequently encountered problem.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    And that bullshit you can't have a firearm in your vehicle, ask your employer how they would like a go around with the NRA and some 2ND Amendment Lawyers. That is if you are a NRA member.
    Currently, without the law recognizing us as a protected class, the employer would just laugh and say go right ahead and waste your time and money because you would lose. Courts these days pretty much only recognize the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of "protected class" status and/or being one of the left's favorite pet groups/sacred cows. We need to make it required by law as it is with the others that they MUST recognize our right to be treated equally, without such we undoubted will be (and are) mistreated with no available recourse.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Currently, without the law recognizing us as a protected class, the employer would just laugh and say go right ahead and waste your time and money because you would lose. Courts these days pretty much only recognize the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of "protected class" status and/or being one of the left's favorite pet groups/sacred cows. We need to make it required by law as it is with the others that they MUST recognize our right to be treated equally, without such we undoubted will be (and are) mistreated with no available recourse.
    Maybe where you live that's true but recently as 3 years ago I had words with my employer about this subject. ( Having my weapon in my vehicle on his property) He too told me I couldn't do that anymore, I then politely told him that I could and proceeded to show him my NRA membership and told him to check it out to see if I needed to call the NRA and have their Lawyers give him a call. That was the last of that discussion. Now, rather he called or not I don't know but it seems he didn't want to have anything more to do with it.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Actually we very much do need this. Discrimination in employment, education, family matters, business, commerce, etc. is a very real concern and is a frequently encountered problem.
    Yep, especially with the news of that guy being denied foster parent status because he owned guns.

Or with landlords refusing to rent/lease to people who own firearms.

It is one thing to not allow someone to possess a firearm in your retail business or place of employment, but it is another to refuse such in a rental/lease dwelling where the tenant-to-be would occupy for shelter.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Wayne County)

I'm not totally against being Branded, Protected Class but I'm far from agreeing with being Branded or Labeled something I don't want. Seems like I'm losing another freedom of rights without any say all because that's thing to do now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast