Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New CZ P-09 Supressor Ready Urban Grey

This thing looks huge but fits in my hand. I'm looking at getting my first can and needed a good host to start with. It holds 21 +1 rounds. I took it out once and the low slide axis feels almost no recoil. It's going to be my new nightstand gun as well, hence the light. I was going to go the G17 route but by the time you deck one out, it would be close to twice as much as this gun. I paid $529 + $30 transfer. Any suggestions on OWB holsters for the beast?

http://i.imgur.com/ID9SXQM.jpg

Any thoughts on Rebel Silencer's new 9mm can? I want to dip my toes into the NFA world and will likely buy a dedicated .22 can and 5.56 can in the future. I only have a 1911 so I don't have a need for a .45 can. https://rebelsilencers.com/sos-9

I'm going the trust route and am just looking for a CYA document. Any comments on $199 trust or similar service? I haven't been able to find any local (PGH) attorneys that had knowledge or interest on an NFA focused trust.

LGP!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New CZ P-09 Supressor Ready Urban Grey

I've got a rebel 22 can in jail right now at my ffl, it's very quiet!

(Chester County)

Good choice. P09s are one of the best values out there. I don't understand why this gun doesn't get more love.

(Westmoreland County)

Friends have done the $99 internet trust and has purchased several cans without issue. All mine are in my name so I have no first hand experience.
    As for cans, since you do have a 45, get a 45 can, and it will silence your 9 as well. Silencerco makes a Hybrid can that will do pistols and rifles up to 45-70 or 300 mag. It has changeable threads, mounts, and end caps. Last price I saw was about 750 but it is a very versatile can.
    It will be my next one once the law changes. Until then I have a Huntertown 22 can and a Silencerco Harvester 30 caliber can which goes on my 300BLK or 223 rifles.

(Philadelphia County)

I love my p09, I left all thoughts of a glock 34 once I purchased the CZ. It's ridiculously accurate, I've made consistent hits on 8" steel at 50 yards. Recoil impulse is phenomenal as well.

I have a the-1 attached to mine and I ordered a raven concealment VG-3 for appendix and a kt mech for iwb/ owb. The rcs doesn't fit as well as it does on my G19 but the KT mech is awesome. Amazon has a few companies doing light bearing kydex for the p09 also.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

I also have a urban grey P09. Throw a cajun gun works trigger kit in it and you be even happier!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
    This thing looks huge but fits in my hand. I'm looking at getting my first can and needed a good host to start with. It holds 21 +1 rounds. I took it out once and the low slide axis feels almost no recoil. It's going to be my new nightstand gun as well, hence the light. I was going to go the G17 route but by the time you deck one out, it would be close to twice as much as this gun. I paid $529 + $30 transfer. Any suggestions on OWB holsters for the beast?

http://i.imgur.com/ID9SXQM.jpg

Any thoughts on Rebel Silencer's new 9mm can? I want to dip my toes into the NFA world and will likely buy a dedicated .22 can and 5.56 can in the future. I only have a 1911 so I don't have a need for a .45 can. https://rebelsilencers.com/sos-9

I'm going the trust route and am just looking for a CYA document. Any comments on $199 trust or similar service? I haven't been able to find any local (PGH) attorneys that had knowledge or interest on an NFA focused trust.

LGP!
    There's a Class III FFL in Wexford that I think was also once a lawyer, I believe their name was Syndicate Arms or something like that. That to me sounds like a good place to start.

I personally did everything individual. With no gun loving family members (yet), and everyone needing to go through fingerprinting with 41F in place, I figured that individual would be the simplest way to go (and cheapest!).

You may want to consider the Griffin Armament Optimus, as it'll handle all of the calibers that you're looking at (.22, 9mm, and 5.56), is serviceable, and unlike the Silencerco Hybrid, is only 1.375" diameter, not 1.5", so it'll clear pistol suppressor sights. Or, get a modular .45 pistol suppressor like the Dead Air Ghost, Griffin Revolution .45, or Rugged Obsidian, which all 3 should handle your non rifle calibers. I think buying the most versatile suppressor you can as your first one is the best idea. My first suppressor is essentially compatible with only one gun, and while I don't regret buying it, I very soon after bought another one that is more versatile, because I was looking at all the threaded guns I had that I couldn't suppress.

Yeah, all of those are a heck of a lot more than that Rebel suppressor. But, they're all a lot more versatile, and more importantly, they're from some reputable companies that are likely to stay around for a long time, and all of which are known for lifetime warranties with good service. If I'm sinking all this money, and more importantly, wait time, on a suppressor, I want to know that the company is going to be around by the time something goes wrong with it, if it ever does. If I have to wait to save up a little longer, that doesn't bother me... You're already waiting 9 months, a couple more won't hurt that bad.