Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Concealed Carry Up 215%, Murder Rate Down 14%

Concealed carry permits rose 215 percent between 2007 and 2015, and the murder rate dropped 14 percent during that same time period.

In other words, more guns being carried for self-defense correlated with fewer murders.

On May 22, Breitbart News reported that the demand for concealed carry permits witnessed its greatest surge ever between May 2016 and May 2017.

Fox News referenced Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) data showing there were 14.5 million permit holders in May 2016 and approximately 15.7 million in May 2017.

Now the NRA is tweeting data which shows that the bigger picture is not just the one-year surge but a 215 percent jump in concealed carry permits between 2007 and 2015.

It is interesting to note that the murder rate dropped by 14 percent while concealed carry permits surged. And “the overall violent crime rate” dropped by 21 percent. This is not what the left tells us will happen if concealed carry expands.

In fact, national reciprocity for concealed carry has been introduced in Congress, and Gabby Giffords, Senator Mark Warner (D-VA), Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, and many other gun control proponents have come out against national recognition of concealed carry for law-abiding citizens. They all suggest national reciprocity would undermine gun control and make Americans less safe.

Here is the problem with their claims — concealed carry surged by 215 percent between 2007 and 2015 and the murder rate fell and the violent crime rate fell with it.

On December 4, 2013, Breitbart News reported a Congressional Research Study (CRS) which showed a similar correlation between gun ownership and plummeting murder numbers.

Gun ownership climbed from 192 million firearms in 1994 to 310 million firearms in 2009, CRS found that murder rates fell sharply during the same time period.

According to the report, the “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate was 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993 but fell to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2000. By 2011, the murder rate was 3.2 per 100,000.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...y-215-percent/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Warren County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Up 215%, Murder Rate Down 14%

thanks! Great news.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Delaware County)

Its why the Left does not want us to carry Nationwide...they don't want murder rates to drop. Want to keep fleecing the dumbasses that keep voting them into office. Fortunately for us, we are smarter than they are and many of us have finally opened our eyes to the flagrant lies and corrupt nature of all politicians...

Have your local municipalities and PD give a course to those interested in learning about CCW. Its a win win.

(Cumberland County)

Non-story. Fake news.

If there was a direct correlation between CC and the drop in murder rates, murder would be down by the same percentage that CC licenses are up. Because math.....

CC permit increase = (+215%)
    Price of a 40oz Colt 45 in the hood = (Billy Dee Williams)
    215 / (Billy Dee Williams) = (ain't nobody got time for that)
    (ain't nobody got time for that) * (I got Obama Phone) = (-215%)

^ ^ ^ see, simple meth ^ ^ ^

[mic drop]

The proceeding text in this post is meant to be humorous. If you didn't laugh, that's your problem. I'm laughing my ass off over here as I type this. Perhaps it's the high level of caffeine in my system.
    Last edited by daschnoz; May 25th, 2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

I want to neg you just for saying that stupid "mic drop" crap. So sick of the kids going that. (not my kids...everyone else's)
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    Non-story. Fake news.

If there was a direct correlation between CC and the drop in murder rates, murder would be down by the same percentage that CC licenses are up. Because math.....

CC permit increase = (+215%)
    Price of a 40oz Colt 45 in the hood = (Billy Dee Williams)
    215 / (Billy Dee Williams) = (ain't nobody got time for that)
    (ain't nobody got time for that) * (I got Obama Phone) = (-215%)

^ ^ ^ see, simple meth ^ ^ ^

[mic drop]

The proceeding text in this post is meant to be humorous. If you didn't laugh, that's your problem. I'm laughing my ass off over here as I type this. Perhaps it's the high level of caffeine in my system.
    Gunsnwater rule #1 A joke is worth telling even if it only makes you laugh.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I want to neg you just for saying that stupid "mic drop" crap. So sick of the kids going that. (not my kids...everyone else's)
    What does an alpaca drop the mic from?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    I make it a point to invite all my friends and acquaintances (regardless of their views) to guest with me at my gun club. Most of them (even the libs, even the anti-2a's) end up enjoying it, getting more comfortable with guns, asking a lot of questions and MANY have then gone on to get their LTCF. I'd say even those who haven't have often 'softened' their views as a result.

Just doing my part to continue the 'surge'...

Hey, let's launch "take your liberal friend shooting" month!
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Hey, let's launch "take your liberal friend shooting" month!

I don't have any liberal friends.

Relatives, that's another story; but I don't see them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast