Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Selling guns on here

Hey guys ... I just found your site , has some really good reading and info ...I am usually on the firingline site as well .
    I just posted 2 guns that are just taking up space ...I have triples of them so I figured I would offer them locally in Pa for a person to person transfer .
    I seem to be getting guys with zero post that want to buy the guns ...I know I just starting out on here with a limited amount of post my self , I have a track record on firing line ...I'm a real person not trying to scam anyone .
    I go a guy who says he wants to send me a FFL and then he will let me know the address he wants the gun sent too ...
    I have a CR and I know whats going on , either there felons or scaming you for the dough ... anyone else see this on here , can I report them to the sites monitor ?
    Thanks guys

greg

(Chester County)

Default Re: Selling guns on here

Many sellers have complained about deals gone bad, less than sincere purchase agreements and questionable buyers. If you have factual information about a buyer, good or bad, you can post it in the feedback forum. If you have suspicions about a member, you can send a private message to the moderators. Click on the member list, find a moderator and send them a PM. If you sort by reputation, several moderator screen names come to the front page, and you send the same message to up to five members at once.

IMHO, if you think someone is trying to avert the system by making an illegal purchase through this forum, doing nothing is almost as bad as going through with the sale, so I hope you do whatever it takes to identify anyone you suspect is attempting to do so. Every gun in the hands of someone who shouldn't have it is fodder for those who would like to see them out of the hands of all citizens, and hurts every legitimate dealer and gun owner.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greguw View Post
    Hey guys ... I just found your site , has some really good reading and info ...I am usually on the firingline site as well .
    I just posted 2 guns that are just taking up space ...I have triples of them so I figured I would offer them locally in Pa for a person to person transfer .
    I seem to be getting guys with zero post that want to buy the guns ...I know I just starting out on here with a limited amount of post my self , I have a track record on firing line ...I'm a real person not trying to scam anyone .
    I go a guy who says he wants to send me a FFL and then he will let me know the address he wants the gun sent too ...
    I have a CR and I know whats going on , either there felons or scaming you for the dough ... anyone else see this on here , can I report them to the sites monitor ?
    Thanks guys

greg
    Hey Greg,

A few things. First, we have a Feedback forum which allows our site members to report on transactions they have with other site members. If you see someone with an ad in the Classifieds, or someone PMs you to purchase, search the Feedback forum to see if someone has posted feedback on the user.

Second, if you're in doubt about anyone, use the "Report Post" button to alert me and the other mods/admins of the site. We all get an email on every post that's reported that way.

Last, if you receive a PM from someone which doesn't seem on the level, you can't do a "Report Post" on an PM. So, forward the PM to one of the mods/admins so we are aware:

danp
    doug
    ChamberedRound (me)
    JayBell
    EmptyMag
    Pa. Patriot
    gnbrotz
    Lycanthrope

In the past if we've felt a user was trying to facilitate a straw purchase we just ban them outright from the site.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Thanks guys , I have a guy right now who is PM me and telling me how he never bought a gun before but sent me a zip and says he never transfered a gun before , but uses his FFL to transfer other things ...LOL
    Thanks for all your help and info .

greg

(Montgomery County)

thats not someone we really want using the site...

users of this site trying to buy/sell or trade in the sales sections are expected to follow the law.

if you feel off about the attempted transaction, please notify a mod.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply