Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do some people ridicule Glock enthusiasts?

Quote Originally Posted by CMP703006 View Post
    Glock fanboys are kind of like AK fanboys, they believe their firearm is the bestest thing since sliced bread because of they're ultra specially reliable and the fact that the large majority of police/third world nations use them.

I've shot both, I find the AK's I've shot to be terrible and I'm indifferent to Glocks. I've shoot a G19 and simply didn't shoot it very well but have also gotten a 1st round hit on a 100 yd target with a .40 cal Glock so I know they can shoot.

For Glock I think they are also popular due to their proliferation in police use, marketing, movies, video games and TV. Because of this more new shooters have been exposed to them and as such they have become what one would consider to be the baseline for handguns. If it's cheaper than a Glock it is perceived as being a low quality firearm, if it is more expensive then people say "well you should have bought a Glock and spent the extra on ammo". Most people I've seen shooting Glocks a lot have usually done some amount of modifications done to them.

I would compare this to the precision rifle crowd with the Remington 700 guys. They say if you bought a custom action you were wasting money that could have been spent on ammo. Usually this comes from guys who extensively modified their 700 to the point it almost costs as much as a custom.
    You bring a good point up, Glocks also have a ton of accessories and ways to customize them. It's like giving a '90s Honda Civic a big gift card to Pep Boys. That things's gonna glow, yo.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I have seen the term, "Glock fan-boy" used more than once in the most derisive manner.

Seems like there are lovers and haters of this particular brand to a greater extreme than with any other firearm. What gives here?

I purchased my first Glock and I think it is love at first site. What's not to like?

Can anybody explain the hate to me?

What is YOUR take on Glocks, do you love them or hate them?
    I found out early in life that what people own is the best. I have a ford and the other guy has a chevy, the ford sucks. I have craftsman tools and he has snapon, craftsman sucks.

I have owned a few glocks. They are not the prettiest guns out there but they preform well.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I found out early in life that what people own is the best. I have a ford and the other guy has a chevy, the ford sucks. I have craftsman tools and he has snapon, craftsman sucks.

I have owned a few glocks. They are not the prettiest guns out there but they preform well.
    Mostly but not always.
    I have Colts, but I don't really care for them.
    I have Glocks and I know there are better choices out there in the ergonomics category.

Many people have this strange pride thing that causes them to act like you explain, others just like getting on other people's nerves and really couldn't care less but like to get the other person riled up.

(Bucks County)

Jimenez for the win.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That's one good reason to buy a Sig, but I'll bet the most popular reason is Jason Bourne.
    Now you know why I carry a PPK.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Allegheny County)

During the last group shoot it was fun to see a young shooter shoot my Browning Hi Power. He was very complimentary how it fit his hands and shot, and tried out some 1911's after that.

I don't dislike Glocks, I'm just getting older and appreciate that the average Glock looks like an East German apartment building around 1974.

(Indiana County)

If many people dislike the look of the Glock, then there must be more people that dislike the look of the Springfield XD with its muffintop look.
    That bulged out slide is irritating.

You guys just hate them because they are black.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Tioga County)

I think some of the Glock fan bois get the ridicule when they are all Glock, all the time and will explode into a fit if anyone disagrees with them.

Jumbo's assessment of the Glock as a Camry is right on. It runs, it shoots, it's straightforward but it's missing that last extra. It's an appliance basically.

I give Glock credit for pushing out a design that revolutionized the modern pistol and it's construction. But I think competition is starting to catch up.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
    A lot of people think they are ugly looking, so maybe it bothers them that an "ugly" gun works as good as they do.
    Simply put, OCg a Glock won't get you laid. Chicks dig Sigs and Smiths.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast