Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Why do some people ridicule Glock enthusiasts?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Careful, that kind of talk is bound to rile up the 1911 fanbois.
    But some of us can be chill about it...

(Lancaster County)

I like what I like. I might not like what you do Never understood why that's a problem for some people. It's like Chevy/Ford.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Because many glock owners are overly enthusiastic and unapologetic about it to the point that they'd likely stand in line to have Gaston's baby.

I like glocks. Allot. But plastic perfection? I don't think so.

In fact, IMO there has yet to be manufactured a "perfect" handgun. I can find at least one fault or flaw with every brand and every model.

OH NO YEW D-UNT!

I've shot the same Glock 17 for about 10 years. I have about 50k rounds through the gun. It's a great gun. Ergonomics are not awesome. Parts are cheap and easy to replace. Factory sights are shit. Factory trigger is also shit. I've changed out both and made a huge difference. Is it perfection? No. But, it's super reliable and good enough to win USPSA nationals with. That's more than you can say about most guns.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Don't even get people started on Hi-Point fanboys.
    This is the only correct answer.

Hokkmike Guest

Been good reading. Thanks all. The cartoon was a bit over the top but that's POOFA for you.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    To my way of thinking, plastic is for grips and stocks, not the main structural, stress bearing component of an impulse generating device like a firearm. I am a Sig guy. I like guns made of metal (even if it is an aluminum alloy, it's still metal), and yes I will bust your balls for the plastic gun. With that said, I do recognize that if Glocks didn't work they wouldn't still be making them, nor would other manufacturers have followed Glock into the plastic frame market.

If I ever DO buy a Glock, it's going to be an 80 - because reasons (4473 to be exact )

For your viewing pleasure:
    So SIGs plastic guns are what?
    Not to be trusted since the main structural component is plastic?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Where do the H&K fanboys rank among the others?
    At the the top.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Glock fanboys are kind of like AK fanboys, they believe their firearm is the bestest thing since sliced bread because of they're ultra specially reliable and the fact that the large majority of police/third world nations use them.

I've shot both, I find the AK's I've shot to be terrible and I'm indifferent to Glocks. I've shoot a G19 and simply didn't shoot it very well but have also gotten a 1st round hit on a 100 yd target with a .40 cal Glock so I know they can shoot.

For Glock I think they are also popular due to their proliferation in police use, marketing, movies, video games and TV. Because of this more new shooters have been exposed to them and as such they have become what one would consider to be the baseline for handguns. If it's cheaper than a Glock it is perceived as being a low quality firearm, if it is more expensive then people say "well you should have bought a Glock and spent the extra on ammo". Most people I've seen shooting Glocks a lot have usually done some amount of modifications done to them.

I would compare this to the precision rifle crowd with the Remington 700 guys. They say if you bought a custom action you were wasting money that could have been spent on ammo. Usually this comes from guys who extensively modified their 700 to the point it almost costs as much as a custom.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CMP703006 View Post
    Glock fanboys are kind of like AK fanboys, they believe their firearm is the bestest thing since sliced bread because of they're ultra specially reliable and the fact that the large majority of police/third world nations use them.

I've shot both, I find the AK's I've shot to be terrible and I'm indifferent to Glocks. I've shoot a G19 and simply didn't shoot it very well but have also gotten a 1st round hit on a 100 yd target with a .40 cal Glock so I know they can shoot.

For Glock I think they are also popular due to their proliferation in police use, marketing, movies, video games and TV. Because of this more new shooters have been exposed to them and as such they have become what one would consider to be the baseline for handguns. If it's cheaper than a Glock it is perceived as being a low quality firearm, if it is more expensive then people say "well you should have bought a Glock and spent the extra on ammo". Most people I've seen shooting Glocks a lot have usually done some amount of modifications done to them.

I would compare this to the precision rifle crowd with the Remington 700 guys. They say if you bought a custom action you were wasting money that could have been spent on ammo. Usually this comes from guys who extensively modified their 700 to the point it almost costs as much as a custom.
    It's always sad when I have to explain low-bid to those that tell me Glocks are the best because police departments use them. They're the cheapest best, not THE best.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast