Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Why do some people ridicule Glock enthusiasts?

There's an Apple / Microsoft element in the mix, too.
    You wanna talk fabbois? Them apple addicts are Ate-the-fuck-Up.

Some folks have to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel good.
    They will ridicule the choices of others as a way of feeling superior.

I have dissolved many relationships because of that factor. I don't need that shit in my life.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Cumberland County)

To my way of thinking, plastic is for grips and stocks, not the main structural, stress bearing component of an impulse generating device like a firearm. I am a Sig guy. I like guns made of metal (even if it is an aluminum alloy, it's still metal), and yes I will bust your balls for the plastic gun. With that said, I do recognize that if Glocks didn't work they wouldn't still be making them, nor would other manufacturers have followed Glock into the plastic frame market.

If I ever DO buy a Glock, it's going to be an 80 - because reasons (4473 to be exact )

For your viewing pleasure:
    Last edited by daschnoz; May 25th, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    To my way of thinking, plastic is for grips and stocks, not the main structural, stress bearing component of an impulse generating device like a firearm. I am a Sig guy. I like guns made of metal (even if it is an aluminum alloy, it's still metal), and yes I will bust your balls for the plastic gun. With that said, I do recognize that if Glocks didn't work they wouldn't still be making them, nor would other manufacturers have followed Glock into the plastic frame market.
    That's one good reason to buy a Sig, but I'll bet the most popular reason is Jason Bourne.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That's one good reason to buy a Sig, but I'll bet the most popular reason is Jason Bourne.
    Who?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Butler County)

I won't waste my time ridiculing Glock owners, but I really don't like Glocks. There's a whole slew of guns which I like much more. Lo ther than the capacity, which many other guns can either rival, match or top, there is nothing I find attractive about Glock whatsoever.

I prefer the M&P series over Glock and even Canik if we're talking plastic. I also would buy a CZ or Sig first. Just about anything among the "quality" brands. I've tried picking up a number of Glocks and none of them really felt good in my hand. I hate the way they look too. Iv'e read about a number of police departments which had to return some Glocks due to cracked frames. I've seen some photos of this as well.

I'll admit that you COULD do much worse than a Glock. Many of them give their owners years of mostly trouble-free service.

I think therr is a kind of hype about them which someone else here likened to 1911 fanaticism. I'd rather have a 1911 any day over a Glock, but then again I'd also choose a BHP over a 1911 any day. I won't knock anyone for having a Glock. Glock does the job and maybe even has a perk or two over some other guns. But being "gaga" over them is something I just can't get my head around.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    Who?
    A movie character played by an anti-gun actor who makes $25M per movie running around with a P225 in his hand.

(Allegheny County)

Well, In my own experience I have found two types of Glock owners-

1) People that have been shooting for years and say "hey try my Glock." And I say "not bad, I like it, very accurate."

2) People that have been shooting for six weeks and start to lecture me on all that his holy and good with the Glock, citing chapter and verse and hours of internet research. They are like Cliff Clavin on speed.

I always like talking and shooting with people that are new to the sport, but my suspicion is that many of them are guided into Glocks by the gun store staff when they buy their first gun. They fall in love with that first gun, and who wouldn't ? Sort of like the first time you got laid, no matter how ugly, she is at the top of your mental list.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Pete View Post
    Well, In my own experience I have found two types of Glock owners-

1) People that have been shooting for years and say "hey try my Glock." And I say "not bad, I like it, very accurate."

2) People that have been shooting for six weeks and start to lecture me on all that his holy and good with the Glock, citing chapter and verse and hours of internet research. They are like Cliff Clavin on speed.

I always like talking and shooting with people that are new to the sport, but my suspicion is that many of them are guided into Glocks by the gun store staff when they buy their first gun. They fall in love with that first gun, and who wouldn't ? Sort of like the first time you got laid, no matter how ugly, she is at the top of your mental list.
    What he said.jpg
    So true, especially the last part!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Westmoreland County)

Because many glock owners are overly enthusiastic and unapologetic about it to the point that they'd likely stand in line to have Gaston's baby.

I like glocks. Allot. But plastic perfection? I don't think so.

In fact, IMO there has yet to be manufactured a "perfect" handgun. I can find at least one fault or flaw with every brand and every model.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Because many glock owners are overly enthusiastic and unapologetic about it to the point that they'd likely stand in line to have Gaston's baby.

I like glocks. Allot. But plastic perfection? I don't think so.

In fact, IMO there has yet to be manufactured a "perfect" handgun. I can find at least one fault or flaw with every brand and every model.
    Careful, that kind of talk is bound to rile up the 1911 fanbois.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast