Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: NJ State Police Sue Sig Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can you point me to Sigs response. My first thought was Ammo, but I assumed they would have experimented with different rounds.
    http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/...591cmwnaw0yrkh

Monday, May 22, 2017
    Sig Sauer Responds to New Jersey Lawsuit
    STATEMENT REGARDING NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE

May 21, 2017 – Sig Sauer, Inc. is aware of the lawsuit recently filed by the State of New Jersey regarding its purchase of the Sig Sauer P229 model handgun by the New Jersey State Police (NJSP).

The NJSP selected the Sig Sauer P229 handgun as its new duty weapon after conducting an in-depth review and exhaustive testing of available handguns. Sig Sauer developed a version of the P229 specific to the requirements of the NJSP, and delivered to the NJSP as scheduled in the summer of 2014.

Following delivery, the NJSP informed Sig Sauer that it was experiencing failures during qualification training with their training ammunition. Sig Sauer immediately began working with the NJSP to determine the cause of this failure and resolve the issue.

Sig Sauer's investigation of the failure mode indicates a contributing factor may be a compatibility issue between this unique NJSP P229 and the specific training ammunition used by the NJSP. Importantly, these failures were limited to the training ammunition used by the NJSP, and the P229s functioned when using their duty ammunition.

Sig Sauer had been diligently working with New Jersey officials to resolve the issues associated with the P229 handguns it purchased. In light of these discussions, Sig Sauer was surprised that New Jersey filed a lawsuit. Sig Sauer is committed to customer satisfaction, and stands ready to continue these discussions and work with NJSP to reach an equitable solution.

My first thought was ammo. There are alike thinkers here on that.
    Johnny Cochran once said at the trial of some guy:

"Garbage in, garbage out".

(Juniata County)

Really, this is what you come up with? NJSP bad, Sig Sauer good !

Here is the complaint :

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ent/p3/a354302
    I used bigger words, but I'll agree with your summary. And the below post proves me point.

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/...591cmwnaw0yrkh

Monday, May 22, 2017
    Sig Sauer Responds to New Jersey Lawsuit
    STATEMENT REGARDING NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE

May 21, 2017 – Sig Sauer, Inc. is aware of the lawsuit recently filed by the State of New Jersey regarding its purchase of the Sig Sauer P229 model handgun by the New Jersey State Police (NJSP).

The NJSP selected the Sig Sauer P229 handgun as its new duty weapon after conducting an in-depth review and exhaustive testing of available handguns. Sig Sauer developed a version of the P229 specific to the requirements of the NJSP, and delivered to the NJSP as scheduled in the summer of 2014.

Following delivery, the NJSP informed Sig Sauer that it was experiencing failures during qualification training with their training ammunition. Sig Sauer immediately began working with the NJSP to determine the cause of this failure and resolve the issue.

Sig Sauer's investigation of the failure mode indicates a contributing factor may be a compatibility issue between this unique NJSP P229 and the specific training ammunition used by the NJSP. Importantly, these failures were limited to the training ammunition used by the NJSP, and the P229s functioned when using their duty ammunition.

Sig Sauer had been diligently working with New Jersey officials to resolve the issues associated with the P229 handguns it purchased. In light of these discussions, Sig Sauer was surprised that New Jersey filed a lawsuit. Sig Sauer is committed to customer satisfaction, and stands ready to continue these discussions and work with NJSP to reach an equitable solution.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Bridge tolls? Reading the complaint does not put Sig in a good light. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
    Yea, you don't have to pay to enter, but you have to pay to leave.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I used bigger words, but I'll agree with your summary. And the below post proves me point.
    According to the lawsuit, Sig also blamed extractors, springs, barrel coatings and even had to pull 5 pistols that were redlined by their own reps during testing because of how out of spec they were. Testing was supposedly done with both practice and duty ammo and while the failures to extract were reduced, they still occurred intermittently. And that was unacceptable.

I have no horse in the Sig race, I simply would rather deal with the facts, however opposing, than simply bash NJ or Sig for that matter.

I'm not surprised to hear about this. I've often wondered how the NJSP liked their SIG P229 elites. If you do a search about SIG P series pistols, you'll find that over the past 10 years or so, there are more complaints about SIG P series pistols compared to the older German guns.

SIGs are still good guns, but I don't think they are quite up to the same QC as the older German guns that made their reputation what it once was.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I'm not surprised to hear about this. I've often wondered how the NJSP liked their SIG P229 elites. If you do a search about SIG P series pistols, you'll find that over the past 10 years or so, there are more complaints about SIG P series pistols compared to the older German guns.

SIGs are still good guns, but I don't think they are quite up to the same QC as the older German guns that made their reputation what it once was.
    I'll bet there are a lot more American-made Sigs in this country than German-made Sigs, so there would be more complaints even if the quality was the same. Anecdotes don't really prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'll bet there are a lot more American-made Sigs in this country than German-made Sigs, so there would be more complaints even if the quality was the same. Anecdotes don't really prove anything.
    Fair enough. There's no scientific way of getting a good bead on this.

I believe up until recently, there were many German made SIGs being bought by the US market. The surplus P6's alone were a big lot of German SIGs. I also believe the P228, which was made in Germany, was very very popular with LE agencies.

(Juniata County)

According to the lawsuit, Sig also blamed extractors, springs, barrel coatings and even had to pull 5 pistols that were redlined by their own reps during testing because of how out of spec they were. Testing was supposedly done with both practice and duty ammo and while the failures to extract were reduced, they still occurred intermittently. And that was unacceptable.

I have no horse in the Sig race, I simply would rather deal with the facts, however opposing, than simply bash NJ or Sig for that matter.
    I see what you are saying, but no good Pennsylvanian could pass on an opportunity to bash NJ.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Even if it were limited to the training ammo, but not the duty ammo....... it's not like they're bringing in reloads from home for training. Why cant the Sig eject a regular commercial made FMJ rounds (Rem or Win most likely), but can eject a +P JHP ?

And I do hate PRNJ and their laws, but dayam ! Read the complaint, bringing manufacturer smiths to the range couldn't fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast