Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: S&W Shield...consider me a fan.

Will the upLula loader work on these?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Probably the best firearms deal In our lifetimes

Great carry guns for sure
    Gotta love the rebates right now.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    My only complaint is my Shields 9mm and 45 acp the magazines are a bitch to load to capacity !
    Must be a S&W thing, I have an older Smith 40 that I can only get 10 of the 11 loaded, even with a Maglula. All of my other pistols of other makes, can load to capacity by hand, don't even need the loader.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Will the upLula loader work on these?
    yup
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Probably the best firearms deal In our lifetimes

Great carry guns for sure
    You dont have to tell us twice! LOL!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Northampton County)

Add me to the list. I've only been shooting for a couple of years but I am pretty bad with trigger control. I considered a used XDs or something last year but when the sale came up I figured what the heck. Well, the difference is surprising. I finally got it to the range and made two significant discoveries - the recoil was not much worse than my Kahr CW9 and I was able to shoot much more accurately. If I had the money I'd buy the Shield 9mm while the sale is going on and replace my CW9. Definitely looking to make it my carry gun and put the CW9 away.

Agree on loading the magazine to capacity. I figured it would loosen up over time.

(Fayette County)

Agree. Love my 9 and with $75 rebate, can't go wrong. I was on the fence with this and the Glock 42/43. Cost persuaded me. Love my shield

(Allegheny County)

I'm waiting on my (daughters) 9mm Shield to come in.
    Her boyfriend got her an LCP. I just took it and really don't like it.
    The double reset on the trigger bothers me. I keep coming to the first reset which does nothing. You have to allow the trigger to travel most of the way forward to the second reset point. The manual states that there are 2 "clicks" to reset

Someone on another forum linked this Shield deal and I broke my own rule to not buy a gun for a family member without them shooting it. Told my daughter that if she doesn't like it, cant shoot it, etc etc, I would take it.

I know it's bigger than the LCP, but I like 9 as opposed to 380. Not sure if the Shield has a drop safety but the LCP does not.

I'll be back in town next week and will pick it up. I'll shoot it, them set up a session with her.
    I thought I was going to lose a glock 19 to her and wouldn't mind if I did. This pistol might solve that.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Westmoreland County)

I've really become quite a fan of the Shield. Other than flirting with a 442 back in the day, I've always preferred at least a 4" barrel and kind of scoffed at smaller guns as unneeded compromises. I could carry a larger gun so I did and I didn't see much use to go smaller. Well, I'm not sure where I stand on that now but I did take the plunge with the Shield rebates recently and I'm very impressed. I don't care for the 8 round mag as a primary while carrying because it gets caught up on my hand during reloads sometimes but the 7 rounder with a pearce is perfect. The gun fits my hand great and it carries like a dream. As easily as I'm able to carry the P-07 it's that much easier to carry the Shield. But what really caught me off guard is the way the Shield shoots. I don't feel like I'm shooting a snubby or micro-9. I feel like I'm shooting a full size gun. The gun just handles when you run it. I'm very impressed to say the least.

(Erie County)

I couldn't resist the sale price either. I've had a 9mm shield for edc for almost 2 years now. The mags are still a PIA to top off and I've got over 500 rounds through them. When I seen the PSA sale I decided another shield wouldn't be a bad idea to add to the collection. Taking wife to range today to see if she likes it or not. She currently carries a taurus millenium
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast