Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Black gun purchasing is being boosted by the Trump affect, says NBC.

From GunsAmerica website:

President Donald Trump is creating more black gun owners, NBC News reports.

“While no agency or group keeps track of gun sales by race, interviews with firearms dealers and gun clubs across the country strongly suggest a sharp rise in the number of African-Americans buying guns since Trump’s election,” writes Trymaine Lee of NBC News.

“Many are walking into gun shops to arm themselves out of fear that his election has rekindled old racial flames, emboldening white supremacists and stoking tension between the races,” he continues.

Yes, there is probably some truth to this analysis. The mainstream media has been on a mission to paint Trump as an anti-immigrant, anti-minority president. Of course, Trump doesn’t always do the best job in fighting off this image.

You’ll recall the omission of the word “Jews” or “Jewish” from the annual presidential proclamation on International Holocaust Remembrance Day or his dithering when it came to disavowing former KKK leader David Duke while he was then the GOP-frontrunner for president. Those are just two examples.

The question of whether Trump is racist (I don’t think he is) is irrelevant insofar as that as long as enough people perceive him as being racist then the media has won. Perception is reality, as they say. He can make statements like, “I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life,” or the “least racist person” till the cows come home but if the prevailing media narrative is that Trump is a racist and anti-Semite then it’s going to catch on, especially within minority communities.

Based on NBC’s reporting, it certainly has caught on as many of the African Americans interviewed for the piece cited Trump’s rhetoric as being part of the reason why they’ve opted to begin exercising their 2A rights.

“There’s some fiery rhetoric that some would say is incendiary racist rhetoric from the White House,” 60-year-old Lesly Green of Cleveland said, who is currently shopping for a handgun for self-defense. “White supremacy groups are kind of feeling emboldened.”

Dickson “Q” Amoah, who started the 761st Gun Club of Illinois on the day after Trump was elected, also mentioned Trump when discussing why blacks are buying more guns.

“I don’t want to say Donald Trump was solely responsible for the number of African-Americans deciding to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” Amoah said. “But he was the icing on the cake, the cherry. You see the alt-right groups coming out spewing their hate speech and it sends off alarms. You see the hate crimes going on — race-related, religion-related with the Jewish cemeteries being attacked and all of the swastikas that were popping up.”

Personally, I’ll never fault any law-abiding citizen for making the decision to gun up, regardless of the reason. But I would just caution new black owners to not get so caught up in the mainstream media’s characterizations of Trump. Sure, I certainly have my doubts and reservations about Trump. But I’m willing to give him a chance to see if he can truly turn this country around.

What we do know is that Obama failed in this regard. Between ballooning health care costs, skyrocketing college tuitions and, as a result, student loan debt, rampant wage stagnation, a severe lack of job opportunities that pay a livable wage and on and on, the Obama years were a disaster! Ironically, no one felt Obama’s failings more painfully than blacks. Don’t take my word for it, just ask PBS host Tavis Smiley.

“Sadly, and it pains me to say this, over the last decade black folk, in the era of Obama have lost ground in every major economic category,” Smiley said in an interview with Huffington Post last year. “Not one, two or three [categories], but every major economic category, black Americans have lost ground”

“We’ve been so caught up in the symbolism of the Obama presidency, we haven’t pressed as hard as we should on the substance of this presidency,” Smiley said. “Black people and black leaders have been too deferential to this president.”

But even if Trump does fail to “Make America Great Again” the advantage to bearing arms is it gives one a means to protect one’s flock. Put quite simply, whether you’re black or white or purple, you want to be armed if/when the SHTF. We all can agree on that.

As Rev. Karl Jones tells NBC, “God never made us to be puppets just to be beat upon and treaded upon. He made us to be someone that’s well educated, knowledgeable, and have enough wisdom and sense to protect yourself, your family, and your possessions. So I believe that.”

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

My take...naming (the) Trump (affect) as "icing on the cake" as though he has tipped a scale is just one more unfair attribution. Politicians of all kinds and persuasions have been setting the stage for years. Interesting that whites (and whatever subgroup is correct) are arming themselves for personal protection from whatever generic threat may present, MSM sees blacks as arming themselves specifically to protect themselves against whites. Really?? So blacks are so focused on a white threat they are not considering a general need such as a foreign invasion? MSM just can't help showing its true colors, can it. Or finding ways to stir shit up through false news.

Default Re: Black gun purchasing is being boosted by the Trump affect, says NBC.

Not trumps fault.
    Not the russians fault.
    Democrats fault.

Default Re: Black gun purchasing is being boosted by the Trump affect, says NBC.

Some of this data has come from the National African American Gun Association. The call themselves Naagas. I kid you not. www.naaga.co
    Last edited by fuzzywuzzy; May 19th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

(Bucks County)

What about FDE and Olive drab?

I'm calling racism here!

(Allegheny County)

I thought this was about AR prices

(Wayne County)

I call bullshit. More yellow journalism from MSM.

Having gone to the shooting range twice in the past week, I've run into a different black guy shooting each time that I was there. Now I live in one of the most whitebread towns in the US. My exposure to persons of color at the range exceeded my exposure the rest of the month by 200%. However, both times at the range I've held friendly, collegial conversations with both guys. Not once was there any indication of distrust, antipathy or any other negative emotion, only comaraderie. No status. No priviledge. Just equals. Hell, the guy today walked right up to each person at the range and shook hands.

I'm not saying that there aren't folks out there who are paranoid, but I'd bet a nickel that they're anomalous and just being used for click bait journalism.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Cambria County)

I think everyone should be properly equipped to defend themselves. It looks like Trump has done more to actually empower blacks now than any pervious president.

Be great!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Some of this data has come from the National African American Gun Association. The call themselves Naagas. I kid you not. www.naaga.co
    Really?....Naagas?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

More Democrat propaganda from one of the top propaganda outlets, NBC. Thank you Comcast, thank you Brian Roberts you d-bag.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I call bullshit. More yellow journalism from MSM.

Having gone to the shooting range twice in the past week, I've run into a different black guy shooting each time that I was there. Now I live in one of the most whitebread towns in the US. My exposure to persons of color at the range exceeded my exposure the rest of the month by 200%. However, both times at the range I've held friendly, collegial conversations with both guys. Not once was there any indication of distrust, antipathy or any other negative emotion, only comaraderie. No status. No priviledge. Just equals. Hell, the guy today walked right up to each person at the range and shook hands.

I'm not saying that there aren't folks out there who are paranoid, but I'd bet a nickel that they're anomalous and just being used for click bait journalism.
    Did you still have your wallet when you got home?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast