Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Date of Manufacture of Your Shield: How to determine

According to S&W it was made in 10/2016.
    Last edited by PA1936MN; May 24th, 2017 at 03:55 PM.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Date of Manufacture of Your Shield: How to determine

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    Hi PA1936MN, I understand your frustration with the typical responses from THE grand member's. They have wasted a lot of my time over the years with their inane responses/jokes. In the meantime, I would suggest checking out the Smith & Wesson Forum. Maybe someone else mentioned this in an earlier post, but I missed it.

PAFOA monitor, can this nonsense be stopped? Why can't a member ask a sensible/reasonable question without being overwhelmed by THE grand members putting in their worthless responses? Hopefully, THE grand members are not increasing their response power by indulging in this activity.

gunsnwater, brian, bigdawgbean, sgt,k, bluetrane2028, smlez226, kcjones, theduke, GET A LIFE. Stop wasting the members time. Stay on your private forum.
    lol I've been here for just over a year now. I'm not a grand member. I agree. It's the internet. You have to have a sense of humor. I also wish that it was a little more serious around here but it is what it is. Just laugh at it and move on if you don't like it. If the OP, just laugh it off and give it back.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: How To Date Your S&W Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez226 View Post
    Around here. Not likely.
    Did you get a test fired cartridge with your gun? That should be dated and signed by the shooter.

(Westmoreland County)

My Shield has the number 010617 in the right upper corner of the label affixed to the box (the label that has the model and serial on it). It's my understanding that this is the date of manufacture; 01/06/17

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    Hi PA1936MN, I understand your frustration with the typical responses from THE grand member's. They have wasted a lot of my time over the years with their inane responses/jokes. In the meantime, I would suggest checking out the Smith & Wesson Forum. Maybe someone else mentioned this in an earlier post, but I missed it.

PAFOA monitor, can this nonsense be stopped? Why can't a member ask a sensible/reasonable question without being overwhelmed by THE grand members putting in their worthless responses? Hopefully, THE grand members are not increasing their response power by indulging in this activity.

gunsnwater, brian, bigdawgbean, sgt,k, bluetrane2028, smlez226, kcjones, theduke, GET A LIFE. Stop wasting the members time. Stay on your private forum.
    When reporting the butthurt be sure to use the right color code. Because the OP can't seem to take the thread title and drop it in google to get a result here's the colors for you.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackNRoll View Post
    My Shield has the number 010617 in the right upper corner of the label affixed to the box (the label that has the model and serial on it). It's my understanding that this is the date of manufacture; 01/06/17
    Yes but when you buy used and it doesn't have the box or spent case with it... Kind of hard to figure the manufacture date out.

If I had that info I wouldn't have needed to make the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    When reporting the butthurt be sure to use the right color code. Because the OP can't seem to take the thread title and drop it in google to get a result here's the colors for you.
    Actually I did google it. And I got everything that offered here in this thread. What I was hoping for was someone had another way of figuring it out without having to contact the company. Instead I got mainly bullshit responses.

(Westmoreland County)

Your disappointment in us is palpable.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    LOL
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234