Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Ranges

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pistol Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Depends on your definition of “reasonable”.

One of my complaints is their ventilation is horrible. After a short time shooting, you can almost taste gun powder and lead,..especially when the range has more than 2 or 3 shooters.
    Thanks for the info... I found Claytons to be about the same... when it had at least 2/3 of the 8 lanes filled.
    I am a 2nd amendment supporting registered Democrat! - so Eat it!

There is a new dvelopment on the subject. For the past 3-4 weeks, an ad has been runnIng I the Pocono record about an indoor facility in Stroudsburg where you can participate in a full on gunfight using real firearms adapted to Simunitions. The place is called Threat Assessment Tactical Solutions. Full disclosure, I have no connection with the place. Their website has about 5 videos of participants in drills. There are 17 rooms, walls, furniture, doors and hallways to maneuver through. They require an introductory course for $75 and then they set up situations to solve. Instructors monitor and critique. See tatstrainng.com/fight.com/fight. I have never seen anything like it available to non-LEOs. May be an opportunity for a get together.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    There is a new dvelopment on the subject. For the past 3-4 weeks, an ad has been runnIng I the Pocono record about an indoor facility in Stroudsburg where you can participate in a full on gunfight using real firearms adapted to Simunitions. The place is called Threat Assessment Tactical Solutions. Full disclosure, I have no connection with the place. Their website has about 5 videos of participants in drills. There are 17 rooms, walls, furniture, doors and hallways to maneuver through. They require an introductory course for $75 and then they set up situations to solve. Instructors monitor and critique. See tatstrainng.com/fight.com/fight. I have never seen anything like it available to non-LEOs. May be an opportunity for a get together.
    It's by Pocono pistol range. I've driven by it but never stopped in since it's by appointment and I don't see anywhere to park whenever I drive by. From what I understand, They use real firearms with plastic pellets. I'm assuming it's similar to a paintball in that it hurts like hell but it won't penetrate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12