Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default Any ranges in Mifflin or Juniata county where I can do tactical drills?

Looking for an area somewhere in the Mifflin or Juniata county area where I could take out my AR, pistol, and shotgun and do drills. Is there anything like that in the area? If not, what's closest to me? Hopefully within a 1-1.5 hour radius of Lewistown?

(Centre County)

Default Re: Any ranges in Mifflin or Juniata county where I can do tactical drills?

Not sure what all you have in mind as far as "drills" and what facilities you need for them but have you checked out Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association? Pistol, auxiliary, and two rifle ranges (500, 1000 yd) that should be able to accommodate whatever you have in mind. NFA items are good, just no incendiary or tracer rounds, exploding targets, or shooting at rocks. Short drive from the Burnham exit off 322 so it's probably as close as you're gonna find for a range of any sort.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Any ranges in Mifflin or Juniata county where I can do tactical drills?

The last time I was up there I only saw the rifle ranges, so I'm not familiar with how the pistol range is set up, or what "auxiliary" means.

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/G..._display_media <-- This range here is exactly what I'm looking for, which one is it?

(Centre County)

That looks like the bigger (width-wise) pistol range. Between that and the rifle ranges further up the hill is the auxiliary range which is basically the "anything goes" area, as in just an open area 100 yds deep to bring your own frames/targets/etc (within club rules of course). Every time I've gone to shoot pistols I've used the smaller range which is actually deeper maybe but narrow so only a few shooters can use it, but I've never had any access issues whatsoever since there's never been anything even vaguely resembling a crowd at any of the firearms ranges, especially at the pistol ranges. I love shooting there since it isn't crowded and I can set up targets at whatever ranges I want and shoot FULL magazines with reloads and not worry about 30 other people screwin around. And of course there's the 1000-yd range for the artillery pieces (.50 BMG, .416 Barrett, .338 Lapuas) !!!!!!! Very well worth the $80 membership dues!!!

(Elk County)

Tactical Drills:

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mifflin County)

That "auxiliary" range sounds perfect, actually. Pretty much exactly what I am looking for.