Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New Summer Carry

I bought this 938 Scorpion yesterday because I decided I wanted something smaller/lighter than my usual 1911 or Glock for Summer carry. We just got back from the range, and between my wife & I, we shot over 300 rounds of my practice & carry reloads, without a single malfunction.

Great little gun! It's accurate & the recoil is a lot softer than I thought it would be for a gun this size. My wife carries a 238, so she's comfortable with the size. For me, it took some getting used to, but I like it.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Default Re: New Summer Carry

nice looking piece... pardon my ignorance, is this a 380 pocket gun or a 9 thats IWB?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    nice looking piece... pardon my ignorance, is this a 380 pocket gun or a 9 thats IWB?
    This one's a 9mm. The 238 is a .380. It's a bit larger & heavier than the .380, and a little too heavy for pocket carry imo.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lancaster County)

I love my P938 Extreme. Fits my smaller hands well and easy and quick to shoot. Reliable and accurate through about 400 rounds of practice ammo this year. Like you I also found recoil is pretty tame for a compact 9mm, which was my big concern when I bought it.

(Philadelphia County)

I shot a friend's and I didn't care for the feel of the safety while firing with my thumb resting on it like I usually do on a full sized 1911.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I shot a friend's and I didn't care for the feel of the safety while firing with my thumb resting on it like I usually do on a full sized 1911.
    I ride the safety on my 1911s, but on this, I just naturally drop the safety & grip it differently. On closer inspection, it appears that if I were to ride the safety on this smaller gun my big fat thumb would hinder slide movement.
    Thomas Sowell