Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Mossberg Patriot 375 Ruger :)

Took the Mossberg Patriot in .375 Ruger to the range yesterday, and holy hell was I impressed with that thing. After a quick zero at 50 yds, I took her to 100 and managed to put together some very nice groups, all of them sub-moa. This was with factory ammo, Hornady Superformance 250 Gr GMX. The rifle could have done much better than that though, I'm sure of it. I fired one group at 200 yards, and was surprised to see very little drop, and I put together a 3-inch group.

If anyone is seriously considering going with a big bore rifle, I would check this thing out. As of right now I can't say enough good things about it. Might just have to take this thing out after bear this year and leave the flintlock at home!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Mossberg Patriot 375 Ruger :)

Do you hate your shoulder ?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Do you hate your shoulder ?
    Honestly, recoil was no where near what I expected it to be. That being said this isn't something that you're gonna want to shoot all day, but I had no problem putting 25 rounds through it off the bench.

(Centre County)

I shot above rifle with him yesterday, and he is lying through his teeth!
    I shot 3 rounds(off bench, and I hugged it tho..), and it's a shoulder buster!
    With that being said, it is surprisingly accurate weapon far more then I ever thought it would be.

you know something ain't right when shooting 45-70 out of 18" barreled 1885 Marlin(which I was shooting) feels pleasant right after shooting his 375...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I shot above rifle with him yesterday, and he is lying through his teeth!
    I shot 3 rounds(off bench, and I hugged it tho..), and it's a shoulder buster!
    With that being said, it is surprisingly accurate weapon far more then I ever thought it would be.

you know something ain't right when shooting 45-70 out of 18" barreled 1885 Marlin(which I was shooting) feels pleasant right after shooting his 375...
    Men, they just don't make em like they used to.