As I mentioned in a previous post, I am a new gun owner and have never fired a single shot. In fact, I won't even load or carry until I am trained up. Safety is my #1 priority. That said, I have a 5-hour "boot camp" scheduled in a few weeks with a local instructor. Unless by some miracle I was hatched from my pod as a natural-born shooter, I suspect after this training I will need to start visiting the range regularly to practice.

The thing is, I have "range-anxiety." For me, the whole experience is a bit intimidating. Having never been to a range, I really don't know how it all works. And being a typically shy individual, I could really use a local range buddy with whom to train and shoot. It's possible, and likely, my instructor may teach me some "range etiquette," but I still could use the support. And for some odd reason, not a single one of my nearby friends owns a firearm. The closest friend I have that owns a firearm is a two-hour drive from me.

Starting in June, any volunteers to help a new guy? It would be most appreciated.