Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Best Build Components for 9 MM AR Carbine Glock Mags with LRBHO that WORKS ?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for opinions/experience on what components have proven RELIABLE in the build of an AR 9mm CARBINE for use with GLOCK mags.

RELIABLE Last Rounds Bolt Hold Open Feature is a MUST.

Also MUST RELIABLY feed JHP as well as Hardball 9mm Luger.

I'm not looking to spend money for the sake of spending money....but cost is secondary to RELIABILITY....this will be a HOME DEFENSE firearm.

All knowledge re: EVERY component and experience with same greatly appreciated.

A knowledgeable gunsmith will be doing the build....I have been tasked with specifying all parts.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Best Build Components for 9 MM AR Carbine Glock Mags with LRBHO that WORKS ?

Try these guys, I know of several people that have built 9mm AR's with their parts and have had no complaints. https://newfrontierarmory.com/

The do have the LRBHO feature and use Glock mags.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Best Build Components for 9 MM AR Carbine Glock Mags with LRBHO that WORKS ?

New frontier and quarter circle 10 in that pattern

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm looking for opinions/experience on what components have proven RELIABLE in the build of an AR 9mm CARBINE for use with GLOCK mags.

RELIABLE Last Rounds Bolt Hold Open Feature is a MUST.

Also MUST RELIABLY feed JHP as well as Hardball 9mm Luger.

I'm not looking to spend money for the sake of spending money....but cost is secondary to RELIABILITY....this will be a HOME DEFENSE firearm.

All knowledge re: EVERY component and experience with same greatly appreciated.

A knowledgeable gunsmith will be doing the build....I have been tasked with specifying all parts.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Hey, you took my advise. Welcome. Nice meeting you at Bob's.

(Berks County)

I used the New Frontier Lower 80% for my AR9 build. I used a 9mm pistol upper with the dust cover and shell deflector. I did not like the look of the NFA upper, so my build runs but no LRBHO. Annoying, but I am dealing with it.

NFA sells their LRBHO parts and can be adapted to a standard AR upper with some drilling and tapping. I may do this as a last resort.

If you want a lower that takes glock mags, and has an integrated LRBHO then try this:

https://www.atomicengraving.com/prod...ock-mag-w-kit/

It's an 80% lower, so this may not be a perfect fit. But...with a plunge router and a jig from 5D Tactical you might have a winner.

This is the link to 5D Tactical: http://www.5dtactical.com/

Good luck on your build
    gotta love her ;)