Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Former and possible future PA resident

We want any and all pro gun voters to reside in PA.
    All the pro gun statistics listed by others above are true.
    Our state legislature has pro gun Republican majorities in both houses.
    However, keep in mind that both of our Senators are anti gun, Casey (D), Toomey (R in name only), and our Governor is anti gun, Wolf (D).
    This is a reflection of the growing Democrat voter base in our large urban centers, and our growing population of liberal transplants from north eastern liberal block states.
    If the PA gun owning community voted reliably then our Senators and Governor would be pro gun Republicans.
    We also recently lost our conservative pro gun majority in the PA Supreme Court.
    We want you back, but if a solid unshakable pro gun state is paramount in your thinking, then you may prefer to live elsewhere.
    Living in PA means remaining hyper vigilant at all times to defend and preserve our gun rights.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Northampton County)

I don't think Toomey is anti gun. I think Toomey is an absolute moron.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    In my opinion the three worst gun restrictions we currently have in PA are:

• The PA State Police handgun registry
    • The fact that unless one has a license to carry a firearm or falls under one of the exceptions, one can’t carry a handgun in his or her vehicle even if it’s lock and unloaded
    • When buying a long gun at a FFL holder/gun shop they have to do an instantaneous background check just like a handgun purchase.

However these laws have been around for quite a while. Recently we got a bill passed that allows hunting with semi autos but I believe the PA game commission is limiting it to only small game.
    As already mentioned, numerous anti- gun bills are introduced in every state. Gun owners here don’t get everything we want, but most of the surrounding states are 100 times worse.(NY,NJ,MD)
    Just curious, but are you implying that there are states where a FFL may sell you a long gun without a BGC?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Just curious, but are you implying that there are states where a FFL may sell you a long gun without a BGC?
    I'm wondering what is meant by this as well.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    For one, I don't believe that background checks stop anyone from getting anything... so it's a useless restriction.

I do not believe Toomey is an absolute moron.

I do believe he is politically naive in the extreme. He places too much trust in those Democrats and gun controllers he works with to act in good faith, when they have no intention of doing so. To the Democrats, they see in Toomey a "useful idiot" and they have sized him up correctly in that respect. He does not understand, and does not want to understand, how his gun control bill pays lip service to "no gun registration" while it builds and funds the very infrastructure which enables it. He does not understand that bureaucracies are impossible to penetrate. He does not appreciate that the "no registration" provisions are unenforceable because those in government responsible for enforcing that proscription would be the very same people maintaining the registry or having an interest in its creation and maintenance.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Senator here. He may understand all of that. If he does, then he is trying to deceive us and thinks we will fall for it. That would be worse than being an absolute moron.

(Chester County)

Toomey is a dork from Rhode Island.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I do not believe Toomey is an absolute moron.

I do believe he is politically naive in the extreme. He places too much trust in those Democrats and gun controllers he works with to act in good faith, when they have no intention of doing so. To the Democrats, they see in Toomey a "useful idiot" and they have sized him up correctly in that respect. He does not understand, and does not want to understand, how his gun control bill pays lip service to "no gun registration" while it builds and funds the very infrastructure which enables it. He does not understand that bureaucracies are impossible to penetrate. He does not appreciate that the "no registration" provisions are unenforceable because those in government responsible for enforcing that proscription would be the very same people maintaining the registry or having an interest in its creation and maintenance.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Senator here. He may understand all of that. If he does, then he is trying to deceive us and thinks we will fall for it. That would be worse than being an absolute moron.
    And why is that? Because he is smarter than 1,000 people that spell it out for him and he can't learn a damn thing. It's not just registration. It is the idea that every American would have needed advanced permission from the government to exercise their Second Amendment rights. He would never listen and always explain to us that EVERYONE ELSE is just too stupid to understand what wonderful things he was doing for us.

Is a moron, by another name, still a worthless piece of crap? Yes.

BTW, you were absolutely spot on on the rest of it. He thinks he can play patty cake and everything will be good.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    In my opinion the three worst gun restrictions we currently have in PA are:

• The PA State Police handgun registry
    • The fact that unless one has a license to carry a firearm or falls under one of the exceptions, one can’t carry a handgun in his or her vehicle even if it’s lock and unloaded
    • When buying a long gun at a FFL holder/gun shop they have to do an instantaneous background check just like a handgun purchase.

However these laws have been around for quite a while. Recently we got a bill passed that allows hunting with semi autos but I believe the PA game commission is limiting it to only small game.
    As already mentioned, numerous anti- gun bills are introduced in every state. Gun owners here don’t get everything we want, but most of the surrounding states are 100 times worse.(NY,NJ,MD)
    Federal law requires this.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Federal law requires this.
    I thought this was a state requirement. I looked it up and I was wrong. I corrected the post. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; May 11th, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast